The MT-07 Forum

I have a leak!!

phanomenal07

phanomenal07

So can someone tell me what these tubes are and why I have a greenish fluid slowly dripping out of them. Every morning for the last three days I come out and there appears to be a little stain on the ground underneath them. 

6BDFAE65-F974-4CE5-A3FA-C09E5DDC54CC.jpeg

r1limited

These are vent tubes, you will see spoogie (My name for it) drip when cold and hot air mix.  If you follow the lines one is a vent to the Head and the other to the Air System.  Oil and air will concentrate in the vent to the motor and occaisionally you will see your bike spoogie a bit.  The green is oxidation from the moister

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

r1limited
8 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

Oh so I shouldn’t worry? Please say yes

No worries, Not sure where you are located if CA one will go to the emmissions cannister, the other runs directly to the head and is a just that a vent.  On colder days I will see doplets as well mainly from the head vent.  First time I experianced this was my 2000 426 after taking it out on a cold winter day.  Next morning I went to the garage to see a big ol wod of spoogie like my bike had a orgasim :)  I thought ya I know baby I am that good ;)

Nothing to worry about, just get a brass wire tooth brust and simple green to clean up that oxidation, then spray WD 40 or a meta protectant on them.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived