The MT-07 Forum

Removed passenger pegs and fabricated a reservoir bracket...

Randucci

I won't be using the rear passenger pegs, so I removed them and fabricated a rear aluminum reservoir mount. I also made a new aluminum spacer bushing for the rubber mount on the reservoir. 

DSC_0682.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

Here are a couple pictures of it installed.

DSC_0685.jpg

DSC_0686.jpg

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

Looks great. It's certainly not going to break...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

You should match the elongated hongates in the boot gaurd for asthetics, Just my opinion

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

6 hours ago, r1limited said:

You should match the elongated hongates in the boot gaurd for asthetics, Just my opinion

I was thinking of doing something, but those oval shapes would be hard to do in .25" plate. I have a manual milling machine, I was thinking of a few different shapes, but wanted to get the bike back together so I could ride it. It is easily removed if I come up with a design.

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

Yeah, really nice.

Maybe just make faux holes with paint - just kidding, don't do that 

8 hours ago, Randucci said:

I was thinking of doing something, but those oval shapes would be hard to do in .25" plate. I have a manual milling machine, I was thinking of a few different shapes, but wanted to get the bike back together so I could ride it. It is easily removed if I come up with a design.

That would be nice, I am assuming that the boot gaurd was punched out or CNC.  A mill of course would take some time and effort laying it out in a pattern you want and make it look symetrical

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 2:46 PM, r1limited said:

I had a little time so I made another bracket and hand cut the oval holes, I think it does look more like a factory bracket now. What do you think?

DSC_0706.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

Great job but if you don't mind a further suggestion there are no sharp corners on the other bracket and despite the fact that it aligns with the brake reservoir i personally think if you rounded them off just a little then it would be perfect. it would look like it had less sharp edges.

11 hours ago, pegasus46 said:

Great job but if you don't mind a further suggestion there are no sharp corners on the other bracket and despite the fact that it aligns with the brake reservoir i personally think if you rounded them off just a little then it would be perfect. it would look like it had less sharp edges.

I could put a similar large radius on the two corners, but I want to keep the reservoir alignment. The next time I have it off I might put a small radius on them, we will see.......

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

• Premium Member

I think the solid bracket looks best if you painted it black to match the frame.

All respect for making a custom bracket on your own. It's seriously dope. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• 2 months later...

The bracket looks great, not sure if I would prefer the solid or elongated holes one.  I would certainly prefer it blacked out though.  Kind of makes me ashamed that I just used a piece of heavy gauge pail handle "wire" to relocate my bracket, but it's simple; holds perfectly and is near invisible...

Agreed - for work done on a manual mill, outstanding work.

Not sure if I like the holes or solid: with the holes, I think it looks too much like the heel guard and a little too cute/stylish. Maybe in black?

Nice work.

firstyammerha

that's some neat work-maybe you could connect the holes on the oem guard to read FZ07.JK.  I'd personally like to replace that passenger foot rest with a hand hold type piece so I could heave that monster up on its center stand more easily. A tubular folding hand grip might do the job, screwed into one of the passenger peg bracket holes.

Archived