The MT-07 Forum

Out with the old, in with the new...

Allan

Well, it's been a while since I posted and I have some bitter sweet news. I will no longer own an FZ-07 at the end of this week. I went to a Yamaha test ride event last Saturday and test rode an FZ-10 and well... That was the end of that... Yesterday I drove 279 miles to Detroit to pick up a brand new 2017 FZ-10 for 11,000 out the door which in my opinion is a great price for the FZ-10. I want to tank everyone on here for the great 4 years I have been on this forum. At the end of the week my friend will be buying my 07 and Zoey will no longer be mine. But like I said, out with the old, in with the new... I never honestly thought I'd be making this post because I love my bike to death. It was a very special bike to me. Bought it at the start of college and she was with my all 4 years until I graduated. Sad for sure, but I'm ready to move up in the motorcycle classes. My new bike which is still unnamed will be loads of fun I'm sure. I will still be around periodically I'm sure, but for now, this is goodbye. Thank you everyone. Below is a picture of Zoey with the new girl.

Old and New Bike. Sizedjpg.jpg

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Well, it's been a while since I posted and I have some bitter sweet news. I will no longer own an FZ-07 at the end of this week. I went to a Yamaha test ride event last Saturday and test rode an FZ-10 and well... That was the end of that... Yesterday I drove 279 miles to Detroit to pick up a brand new 2017 FZ-10 for 11,000 out the door which in my opinion is a great price for the FZ-10. I want to tank everyone on here for the great 4 years I have been on this forum. At the end of the week my friend will be buying my 07 and Zoey will no longer be mine. But like I said, out with the old, in with the new... I never honestly thought I'd be making this post because I love my bike to death. It was a very special bike to me. Bought it at the start of college and she was with my all 4 years until I graduated. Sad for sure, but I'm ready to move up in the motorcycle classes. My new bike which is still unnamed will be loads of fun I'm sure. I will still be around periodically I'm sure, but for now, this is goodbye. Thank you everyone. Below is a picture of Zoey with the new girl.

Old and New Bike. Sizedjpg.jpg

Congrats on the upgrade, happy to see you keep it Yamaha. Now, come join our mt-10 forum at fz10.org! Or, have you already? 

Also, @2wheeldynoworks can take your fZ-10 from the stock 133 hp to over 150 hp when you are ready. There is a ton of hidden power in that ECU. Youa re gonna love that bike, it is a beast. 

1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

Congrats on the upgrade, happy to see you keep it Yamaha. Now, come join our mt-10 forum at fz10.org! Or, have you already? 

I just posted my intro a little while ago, so I'll be over there.

• Premium Member

Nice. Congrats on that new bike. You gonna take off the tank sticker when you pick it up?

You'll be back. (they always remember their first love and go back)

Enjoy your new bike, (the h.p. hussy!, lol!) stay frosty!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Congrats! Enjoy!!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

On 6/10/2018 at 11:20 PM, i28 said:

Nice. Congrats on that new bike. You gonna take off the tank sticker when you pick it up?

Oh don't you worry. The FZ-10 forums will get a topic on that. Lol

On 6/11/2018 at 1:49 AM, JRFlurry said:

Congrats on the new bike! Did you go to Bright Power Sports or Rosenau?

I went to Bright Power Sports. They had the best price I could find for a new one of these.

On 6/11/2018 at 9:16 AM, Beemer said:

You'll be back. (they always remember their first love and go back)

Enjoy your new bike, (the h.p. hussy!, lol!) stay frosty!

I already told the guy I'm selling my bike to if he ever goes to sell it again to let me know. haha I'd buy back the 07, rebuild the engine and make it a project bike or something.

On 6/11/2018 at 4:34 PM, motomeek said:

Congrats! Enjoy!!

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Allan said:

Oh don't you worry. The FZ-10 forums will get a topic on that. Lol

I went to Bright Power Sports. They had the best price I could find for a new one of these.

I already told the guy I'm selling my bike to if he ever goes to sell it again to let me know. haha I'd buy back the 07, rebuild the engine and make it a project bike or something.

Thanks!

You know you don't have to completely go, you can post some pics or video of your FZ-10 in the "Other Bikes" section and let people know what your personal experience with the bike is like. I would be interested anyway, especially in some home video. You could post your upgrades and comment on those as well. Just a thought, you don't have to do it.

Beemer

The absolute worst thing about buying a new bike is in a few months (or if you are lucky, a year or so) your baseline returns to normal again and the new bike itch starts all over again.

Congrats on the new bike.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member

well here in Michigan we do not get to ride all year round- I start getting the itch to ride my bike badly after like 2 months of snow but not to the point I need a new bike if I was living where you can ride all year round... 

winter time is for doing "secret upgrades" since your bike/car is hiding out in the garage... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived