The MT-07 Forum

Bogging down around 4000-5000 rpm

paolojac

Anyone having a problem with cruising around 4000-5000 rpm and then give it gas but it bogs down and then finally shoots off like a rocket. It will even stall occasionally at idle, with slightly erratic idle.

FYI I've got akrapovic exhaust and hordpower filter, as well as pc5 and autotune.

I just recently had it dyno like 4 days ago but it still does it.

Any ideas. I don't particularly like going to the dealer so would love some input on things to check before I go to the dealer.

• Premium Member

is the ECU still running on OEM fuel/ign values and settings such as Decel Injection off? 

the ECU must be in OEM form to run PCV maps effectively...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Erratic idle might point to a simple throttle body out of sync, though it sounds like the ECU map is the more likely culprit

• Premium Member

the autotuner is not smart enough to know if "deceleration injection" is on/off ( in OEM trim the FZ-07 is "off" and is usually turned back on to soften the engine braking) so it will keep trying to tune that deceleration injection , which leads to harsh/abrupt throttle response and erratic idle... took me a year to figure that out... you can run a flashed ECU if nothing is changed except fan temps or speed limiter for example...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

So it was doing it with the pc5 and autotune prior to getting the dyno.

After the dyno which included a flash for the injector shut off on decel and a pc5 tune, it still does it.

I just spoke to who did my flash and dyno and they said I can eliminate the autotune now so I'll try that first it might be trying to make changes 

• Premium Member

if ECU is already flashed for the exhaust and Hordpower airbox, you really dont need the PCV or autotuner unless you really need to fine fine fine tune the bike...

autotuner doesn't really tune bike on the fly, you must manually accept new trims... if you did accept new trims, you really gotta work the throttle at all kinds of rpms and gears for a good hr and not just cruise to the store 3mins away like an old lady... 

So I decided to pull out the autotune considering I don't need it anymore. 

After about a 40km ride trying on purpose to put it in the scenario where it happens and it seems to have been fixed.

More riding will tell me more but so far so good.

It's very weird though it should not have affected it.

Archived