The MT-07 Forum

GEVO

Trying to respect the forum rules. here is my intro. 

I am not new to forums. 

I got a new to me fz07 with a lot of miles (79000 miles). Got a good deal, did a thorough inspection before handing over the money.  I was very happy with the condition.

I bought some maintenance items to start. Probably will get the valves checked soon, just incase, lots of miles you know. I do almost all of my own work. I don't like to do valve work or install new tires, otherwise I'm good :)

cheers.

• Premium Member

Welcome and congrats!

Any chance you're from the LA area? 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, GEVO said:

yessir. assuming you are a sir?? lol.

SoCal.

Haha. Yep. We may or may not share the same first name. 😎

52 minutes ago, GEVO said:

Trying to respect the forum rules. here is my intro. 

I am not new to forums. 

I got a new to me fz07 with a lot of miles (79000 miles). Got a good deal, did a thorough inspection before handing over the money.  I was very happy with the condition.

I bought some maintenance items to start. Probably will get the valves checked soon, just incase, lots of miles you know. I do almost all of my own work. I don't like to do valve work or install new tires, otherwise I'm good :)

cheers.

Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us! Take a sec and go into your profile, upload an avatar pic.  Be sure to check your notification settings so you get notified for important stuff. Dont worry, we never send spam.   Also turn on "enable status updates" . You can post in your profile and even tag other members on their profiles. You can also drop a pin in our member map. 

Lastly, you can change this theme to dark by clicking on "theme" at the very bottom of this or any page. 

Welcome and congrats on your new to you Fz-07! You might not be the old man of the bunch but that bike may be (I forgot about @fastfreddyb 's bike), is it a '14? So tell us how she's running at 79k miles, FZ-07 fans want to know. If it's not too much trouble, put some pics up, at least after you've done what you're going to do with it, cosmetically.

Beemer

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Welcome and congrats on your new to you Fz-07! You might not be the old man of the bunch but that bike may be (I forgot about @fastfreddyb 's bike), is it a '14? So tell us how she's running at 79k miles, FZ-07 fans want to know. If it's not too much trouble, put some pics up, at least after you've done what you're going to do with it, cosmetically.

I think this person, @GEVO bought Fastfreddys bike!!! Is It so GEVO? Ohh Welcome to the Forum, I'm really interested in your bike with 79K on the clock, benchmark I think.

24 minutes ago, fzar said:

I think this person, @GEVO bought Fastfreddys bike!!! Is It so GEVO? Ohh Welcome to the Forum, I'm really interested in your bike with 79K on the clock, benchmark I think.

That thought had crossed my mind but I thought, nah. It probably is the same bike.

Beemer

Hi all, yes it seems I did purchase fastfreddy's bike. I read his thread about the mileage and, well, I purchased a bike with 79k miles from a guy named Fred. lol. seems to fit. 

Yah, I plan on starting a thread where I keep track of mods, changes, maintenance etc, like I do with any other hobby or the like.

The bike is running very well, ofcourse I was concerned when I first saw the mileage but I have owned high mileage machines and I know with proper maintenance and mostly fwy riding it could last a while. I set myself a low budget and this one was the only one that came close. 

I currently own a CRF450X that I purchased new in 2008. I have put thousands of hours on that thing, hard hours too. But well maintained and it has zero problems. I most recently sold a Kawasaki VN750, not my style, had it for a few short months. Before that I had a CBR600RR, I had that for several years, loved it. Put about 25k miles on it. Nowhere near Fred's 79k. lol

Look 'gevos fz 07 thread' to continue any conversation about this high mileage machine. thanks for the warm welcome!

I will post pics soon. Always do. :)

• Premium Member

Welcome! Will you be using the FZ as a commuter as well?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

6 hours ago, GEVO said:

Hi all, yes it seems I did purchase fastfreddy's bike. I read his thread about the mileage and, well, I purchased a bike with 79k miles from a guy named Fred. lol. seems to fit. 

Yah, I plan on starting a thread where I keep track of mods, changes, maintenance etc, like I do with any other hobby or the like.

The bike is running very well, ofcourse I was concerned when I first saw the mileage but I have owned high mileage machines and I know with proper maintenance and mostly fwy riding it could last a while. I set myself a low budget and this one was the only one that came close. 

I currently own a CRF450X that I purchased new in 2008. I have put thousands of hours on that thing, hard hours too. But well maintained and it has zero problems. I most recently sold a Kawasaki VN750, not my style, had it for a few short months. Before that I had a CBR600RR, I had that for several years, loved it. Put about 25k miles on it. Nowhere near Fred's 79k. lol

Look 'gevos fz 07 thread' to continue any conversation about this high mileage machine. thanks for the warm welcome!

I will post pics soon. Always do. :)

How's the top end on that 450X , still on the original? Its an awesome trail machine/supermoto. My buddy's top end just shet the bed with 800 rippin trail and sand dune hours on it. We are installing kibblewhite valves next weekend. 

I havent had the slightest problem with the valves. When i checked them.last I didnt have to make any adjustment. But, I am not very confident at valve work..

21 hours ago, motomeek said:

Welcome! Will you be using the FZ as a commuter as well?

Yessir. My commute is about 50 miles a day. 

Archived