The MT-07 Forum

Help! No power no nothing

E94Z

So I have a 2015 Fz07 I had gone to work today and forgot that I left my keys in on position for a couple hours before I realized. I figured that the battery had died so we tried jumping it and nothing so I actually walked to a nearest shop and bought a brand new battery and installed it and it literally does nothing at all, no lights turn on, no noises the display won’t turn on anything. I’m wondering if y’all might now what’s going on or if y’all ever experienced this before 

• Premium Member

Perhaps it would be prudent to doublecheck the fuses as well?

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I've done the same thing.  Park the bike, start talking to somebody or see something shiny and just derp away leaving the key on.  Come back later wondering why your key isn't in your pocket...

Tip:  Always shut the bike off with the key.  Leave the run button alone and keep it on "run".  It won't hurt it one bit.

You may have bought a dead battery.  It's happened, but the store should check it first (unless it's Walmart or a place like that).

How did you try jumping it?  If you used a car, you have to do it with the car not running and use the battery only.  If you leave the car running, it's possible to blow fuses or fry the ecu, regulator, starter or other electrical stuff.  I'm not sure how well protected the FZ 07 is in this case.  I know on other bikes bad things have happened.

Like @Cruizin and @DewMan said, check the battery and fuses.  If those are good, you may have to do some research and start buzzing out components or take it to a shop.

Lots of really smart people on this forum, so hopefully somebody will know better than me and chime in.

Hopefully it's something easy and cheap.

Keep us updated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DewMan said:

Perhaps it would be prudent to doublecheck the fuses as well?

What I was thinking. Fuses should be at the top of the list for almost everything electrically dead. 

Just curious, you from Texas? I don't see you on the member list but Tejas is the only place I've lived where "y'all" was commonly used. 17 years there so I still use it.

Beemer

3 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Op hasn't been back since he posted. 

Must've got it started.

• 1 year later...

I wish he'd have come back and shared what he found.

I have a similar symptom with my 2016 FZ07, but different cause.  I put my bike away for the winter, but forgot to disconnect the battery.  Now I'm getting it out for the season, and with a charged battery, it's not turning on.  No electrical response at all.

I've checked the battery with a volt meter and it's registering 12.7v at both the battery and the terminals that are in the  "connection box" with the first two fuses.

I've pulled one of the fuses in that first fuse box, but the second one isn't coming out easily.  Do you just pull harder?  or is there a trick to it?

I've also checked all of the fuses in the secondary fuse box and they all look good.

Looking for people's thoughts.  Thanks in advance!

So, I went back to the 30amp fuse that wouldn't come out and coaxed it out with some pliers.  Of course, it was blown.  I put a new fuse in and the bike now works fine.

I am not sure the cause of why the fuse blew, but it was the reason the bike's electrical wasn't working.

• Like 1