The MT-07 Forum

New 2018 - MT07 Rider

Mik3y_T

New rider, new to the forum.

I just got this baby about a month ago and I'm over 700 miles on it already. Don't know if that is a good or bad thing lol. I've taken the class prior to getting my M2 license and I felt that I learned a lot. I do have the rattling noise, like most riders, but I've done my research and I'm pretty sure it's the chain and sprockets. I am thinking about getting an after market exhaust on it so hopefully that will tune it out. Have you guys had the same problem? If so, what did you do to change it?

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4506.JPG

Mine has rattled since day one.  I even tightened the chain a little more than specs to see if the noise went away.... It still rattled.  The valve chatter is also pretty loud, I just wouldn't worry about it.  It looks like you got a 2018 brand new mt-07.  Great choice.  They improved the suspension and the stock seat from the fz07, which were the biggest problems.  Forget about the noises it makes and just enjoy it!  I wouldn't hide the noise with an aftermarket exhaust.  If the noise goes away, there is a problem.  You probably need a chain adjustment after 700 miles, mine did.  The adjustment measurement is a little confusing, do some searching, but loose is better than tight, and if you press up on the chain, it should touch the rubber under the swingarm.

Awesome looking bike!

The noise you hear might be the CCT.  I did a search when I picked up my 2018 and that's what I came up with.  It's apparently normal. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• Premium Member

stock chain is known to tick and since the bike is sewing machine loud you hear other noises such as the injectors,etc...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Welcome and congrats! Nice bike! I doubt the rattle is going to hurt anything whatever is causing it, it hasn't caused a problem for me in 3 1/2 years of owning one. It may be gone now, I haven't noticed it in some time. I'm writing it off to "Twilight Zone" sh*t.

Beemer

NRWhiteKnight

Welcome. I like the color, too.

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
13 hours ago, Mik3y_T said:

Thanks dude! Any idea on the rattling noise issue ?

I noticed the same thing when my bike was new--I was sure that the chain was loose, but it turned out to be within spec.  I don't know if the rattle has mellowed with age, or I have just gotten so used to it that I don't notice it anymore, but I don't hear it now, and the bike works great.  Come to think of it, I don't think I've heard it since the break-in period was over. 

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Archived