The MT-07 Forum

Hole in tail after tail tidy?

Bigturbomax

So....i used a universal plate bracket and modified it for my tail tidy. I didnt do it to save movey, i did it to push the plate and blinkers further back since i have saddle bags. This universal mount left in opening in the undertail. For the time being i trimmed some plastic and installed from the back side to keep stuff from getting in there. Im wondering, what do you guys do with the opening left by the tail tidies???

That is why I did not like this version, I went with Moto Dynamics and built to fill that vacant area, plus its LED to illuminate the plate

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Thanks for the info. Motodynamic put the plate too far in for me tho. Its hard making it look decent with saddle bags, but theyre so dang practical i dont wanna take em off haha!

• Global Moderator

i took the original mud guard think from the stock fender and trimmed it to fit my yoshi adapter

seems to do ok both in the lack of road shet on my ass, and almost looks like it came with the yoshi(almost, because someone backed into my bike and bent the crap out of the plate/holder)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Well, i took it all apart again last night and solved my problem.  A little bit of careful dremel work on the original piece got it to fit around my new bracket neatly. Its all closed up now. Very pleased with the end result. 

20180901_121509-2016x1512.jpg

20180901_121547-2016x1512.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Isn’t the bottom piece supposed to go under the side panels?  It does on the 2018 atleast. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

Archived