The MT-07 Forum

FTECU Flash

emperor_Wurm

So, I need to get my ECU flashed. I missed the sale from 2WDW, but I contacted FTECU (they are local) and inquired about them flashing my ecu. They said they can do it and it is significantly less than 2WDW and I will have it done same day. My question is, has anyone had their ECU flashed by FTECU? I have read that it is just a generic power commander map. Is this true? Any input is appreciated, Thanks. 

8 hours ago, emperor_Wurm said:

So, I need to get my ECU flashed. I missed the sale from 2WDW, but I contacted FTECU (they are local) and inquired about them flashing my ecu. They said they can do it and it is significantly less than 2WDW and I will have it done same day. My question is, has anyone had their ECU flashed by FTECU? I have read that it is just a generic power commander map. Is this true? Any input is appreciated, Thanks. 

They will only get you their base tune, no hp increase and no throttle improvement. In fact you won't even notice a difference.

Get the 2wdw tune man. FTECU's too guy quit to go to work for 2WDW. What's that tell ya?

15 hours ago, emperor_Wurm said:

has anyone had their ECU flashed by FTECU? I have read that it is just a generic power commander map. Is this true?

Yes, true. This is identical to everyone who has fitted a Power Commander V and never had it tuned via a dyno (99% of PCV users).

Works fine if you select an appropriate PCV map for your bike and mods.

Archived