The MT-07 Forum

Turn Signal lights stopped working

joomla

Turn signal lights stopped working in an attempt to replace OEM front signal lights with TST  Front Pod Turn Signal  (LED Flush Mount Signals)

I have installed the relay that i purchased for the TST integrated backlights. This was working yesterday /last night. Today i tried to check the correctness of the wires when installing the new LED signal and noticed it stopped working. Please help

Troubleshooting so far;

1. Checked the 4 blinkers are working - no luck
  2. Checked the fuse 2A for signalling looks good - no luck
  3. Replaced the signalling fuse just incase - no luck 
  4. Reconnected the OEM signal light - no luck
  5. Did step 4 from 1 to 3 - no luck
  6. Checked the horn  is working - Yes

Mine are kind of off and on too, drives me nuts

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

5 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Mine are kind of off and on too, drives me nuts

I don't know if this is common with installing these. but now no signal light is working i hope someone can assist me with this. such a bummer. Makes no sense.

44 minutes ago, joomla said:

I don't know if this is common with installing these. but now no signal light is working i hope someone can assist me with this. such a bummer. Makes no sense.

Narrowed down the issue. I blew the fuse.  10 amp, just replaced it and everything works. There are two compartments for fuses. :) 

7 hours ago, mick97702 said:

But why did it blow? Might have a nick

in a wire on your install. 

The kit for the signals from TST have 3 wires, i.e the harness converter . On the signal light side the connector only has 2 wires so the catch is to find the right combination and not plug in the adjacent ones of the 3. Instructions don't tell you which colours to match. They even warn about this in their package.

3 hours ago, joomla said:

The kit for the signals from TST have 3 wires, i.e the harness converter . On the signal light side the connector only has 2 wires so the catch is to find the right combination and not plug in the adjacent ones of the 3. Instructions don't tell you which colours to match. They even warn about this in their package.

Do you know the correct configuration? If so, you should do a write up to help others prevent the same frustration. 👍

When I put new turn signals on my bike I accidentally connected them wrong and it blew a 10 amp fuse. I know I've mentioned it before so I wonder why it didn't show up in a search? I'll have to look into that. Good to hear you found the problem, though.

Beemer

The search engine is very good in finding problems also, I found this very quickly.

Beemer

Premium Member

6,520 posts

Posted February 11, 2017

"Check the fuses. I am not sure but I think you may have blown the signal fuse. There are two fuse boxes under the seat so do not give up after you have found one. Keep us updated on what you find."

When I changed my turn signals I blew a fuse and still had a problem. I then went back and checked the rest of the fuses I hadn't checked before finding the first blown fuse and found another blown fuse so yeah, check all fuses to be sure. 10 amp fuses. 

Beemer

Archived