The MT-07 Forum

my passenger seat was too hard, went to walmart and bought a $19.99 car seat memory foam gel cushion , removed the passenger seat removed half of staples under seat and strap, took out foam padding , traced it onto car seat cushion, cut it with scissors 1-1/2" wider than trace re-upholstered seat cover using staple gun, much more comfortable than factory cushion. Cost under $21.

this is the link for the seat cushion:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ergodrive-Cooling-Gel-Enhanced-Portable-Non-Slip-Seat-Cushion/167374907     15-3/4" L x 2-1/4" D x 14-3/4" W .  The 2nd pic is leftover from cutting cushion, it's 2" thick. The 3rd pic is the price tag from walmart, hope I answered all the questions 

Selection_001.png

20181014_143827.jpg

20181014_123814.jpg

10 hours ago, wl said:

my passenger seat was too hard, went to walmart and bought a $19.99 car seat memory foam gel cushion , removed the passenger seat removed half of staples under seat and strap, took out foam padding , traced it onto car seat cushion, cut it with scissors 1-1/2" wider than trace re-upholstered seat cover using staple gun, much more comfortable than factory cushion. Cost under $21.

Did it come in a roll or what? How thick is it, 1/2" ? Got a link perhaps?

Beemer

4 hours ago, Beemer said:

Did it come in a roll or what? How thick is it, 1/2" ? Got a link perhaps?

just  updated my post, hope it answers the questions

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but buyer beware on this cushion. I just clicked the link for the cushion and I have to say I hope you don't have any trouble with it. I just read two reviews (one with pics to prove what they claimed) and they both said the gel doesn't last, that it liquifies and leaks, apparently when it gets hot. Some gels are made to withstand heat and that gel doesn't seem to be one of them.

I used a liquid polymer gel in mine and it holds up under heat, no trouble with it at all. It doesn't even get softer on the hottest days. @wl - If later on you have trouble with the gel in your seat and you're interested in the gel I used let me know and I'll give you a link. GL, I hope you don't have any trouble.

Beemer

A line of enquiry might be medical grade gel. This what I used and never had any trouble with it. 

Just do it! 

Beemer:  I have an inexpensive gel seat cushion that has solved the many failed seat upgrade attempts.  However, it will melt at 105 degrees.  Would you paste in the link of where you purchased the liquid polymer gel?  Thx.

14 hours ago, rfmueller said:

Beemer:  I have an inexpensive gel seat cushion that has solved the many failed seat upgrade attempts.  However, it will melt at 105 degrees.  Would you paste in the link of where you purchased the liquid polymer gel?  Thx.

NP! This is the gel that I used, it's the same thickness as our OEM seat. Be aware that when you cut it the edge is very sticky.

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Polymer-Gel-Sheet-Thick/dp/B011XW0LES/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1539700733&sr=8-3&keywords=liquid+polymer+gel

Beemer

13 hours ago, wl said:

thank you that looks like some good stuff, when my gel seat fails I will try this stuff, thanks again

Yw and just to let people know, it is medical grade gel.

Beemer

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, robbo10 said:

A line of enquiry might be medical grade gel. This what I used and never had any trouble with it. 

Do you have a link for the gel that you used? 

Beemer

Archived