The MT-07 Forum

cam timing

johnnz

can anyone tell me best cam timing for a race fz-o7, cant put new cams in , but we can slot cams to advance , anyone know th ebest timing ?

• Premium Member

I dont think anyone has actually measured the cams to determine how far of an adjustment one can do if you can make it adjustable... If you can keep us informed on the project, if anything the stock airbox is holding the motor back... adding hi-comp slugs, exhaust, Hordpower Airbox, race gas and a little P&P on the head will push the motor to approx 95-100whp...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

A good flash, pipe and a dyno tune gets you more for less than fooling with stock cams. I assume you're dealing with class rules by not putting lumpier bump sticks in it.  We messed with it A LOT. Only able to get 5hp and that was a degree of advance on slotted cams AND decked head (stock airbox per rules). Anything else had significant adverse effects up and down the power curve, all else being stock.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:57 PM, norcal616 said:

adding hi-comp slugs, exhaust, Hordpower Airbox, race gas and a little P&P on the head will push the motor to approx 95-100whp...

Is there any evidence of this? I seem to recall someone on the forums who reported the enigne failing at 100whp after doing a ton of egnine work to the bike.

It was used as justification that the turbo kit that's out for our bike isn't a good idea (claims 115 hp or something at 7psi)

Archived