The MT-07 Forum

Ideas for vinyl wrapping an FZ-07

Gavyn Henderson

Gavyn Henderson

I have a 2016 Fz-07 with the silver and blue coloration with blue wheels. I am looking to vinyl wrap my bike but cant think of a good color to go with the blue wheels and frame. I am trying to stay away from white, black or blue. I want it to be unique. If yall have any ideas yall let me know, thanks.

31 minutes ago, Gavyn Henderson said:

I have a 2016 Fz-07 with the silver and blue coloration with blue wheels. I am looking to vinyl wrap my bike but cant think of a good color to go with the blue wheels and frame. I am trying to stay away from white, black or blue. I want it to be unique. If yall have any ideas yall let me know, thanks.

What about Turquoise and make it 2 tone? Unless you mean all shades of blue haha

Edited by RedReaper

bartman5impson

This is 3M 1080 Deep Space vinyl. It changes color depending on the amount of light shining on it, the direction the light is coming from, and the angle you're looking at it.

fz2.jpg

fz1.jpg

fz3.jpg

• Like 1

You could rock the Swedish camouflage in blue. It's a lot better in green or gray, but it also works with blue.
Search for "Blue Swedish camo" or "Blue splinter camo"
_MG_2235_zpscxdpwbwp.jpg

White and black are neutral colors but since that blue is so dark it won't go with black very well but the white would look good. I'd thought about yellow as well but I think a light shade of yellow (a pastel) would look best to give it more contrast with the dark blue or else it won't have as much pop! That's a hard color of blue to work with. That 3m Deep Space, IMO, would be too dark for those blue wheels, you need a lot of contrast. I should mention that to tie the wheels to the tank you should also have some trim, some lettering or something that's the same color of the wheels on the tank. Like what Yamaha did with it's silver/blue scheme. You see that same blue is on the tank. IDK, yellow might look too funky, I'd go with white to be safe.

pastel yellow.jpg

Beemer

3 hours ago, RedReaper said:

Wow man, this looks phenomenal! 

Thanks man!

I liked it so much that I had it Painted that color with same satin finish. It turned out a little more red due to the red plastics underneath but it still looks really good:

https://imgur.com/a/xbIsZns

Polka Dots
Everyone loves Polka Dots

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Gavyn Henderson
On 10/25/2018 at 5:12 PM, bartman5impson said:

This is 3M 1080 Deep Space vinyl. It changes color depending on the amount of light shining on it, the direction the light is coming from, and the angle you're looking at it.

fz2.jpg

fz1.jpg

fz3.jpg

Thats insane! That color is awesome! Im for sure going to look into that color, thank you!

Gavyn Henderson
On 10/26/2018 at 5:34 AM, Beemer said:

White and black are neutral colors but since that blue is so dark it won't go with black very well but the white would look good. I'd thought about yellow as well but I think a light shade of yellow (a pastel) would look best to give it more contrast with the dark blue or else it won't have as much pop! That's a hard color of blue to work with. That 3m Deep Space, IMO, would be too dark for those blue wheels, you need a lot of contrast. I should mention that to tie the wheels to the tank you should also have some trim, some lettering or something that's the same color of the wheels on the tank. Like what Yamaha did with it's silver/blue scheme. You see that same blue is on the tank. IDK, yellow might look too funky, I'd go with white to be safe.

pastel yellow.jpg

Yeah I had considered a yellow or possibly a gold color, but yea I'm worried its gonna be a little too bold for my taste. Im being pulled in so many directions haha. Thank you for the wisdom.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gavyn Henderson said:

Yeah I had considered a yellow or possibly a gold color, but yea I'm worried its gonna be a little too bold for my taste. Im being pulled in so many directions haha. Thank you for the wisdom.

As mentioned, a hard color blue to work with, GL! Oh, I totally forgot about the chrome paint. Like silver, that blue would work on it as well. It may also take a bold person to use it but I think it looks cool as hell. I may do it to my bike, getting a little tired of the white after three + years of having it. Here's a video for a particular chrome paint that seems to be of good quality.

If a person so wished, they could chrome a tank and then use a candy blue over top of it. 

https://alsacorp.com/catalog/killercancatalog.pdf

Beemer

• 11 months later...