The MT-07 Forum

Anyone trade up to new body style?

e30kawi

I am curious if anyone on here has gone from the first gen 07 to the new body style? 

What are the likes and dislikes? Let's see your pictures.

I had a 2015 graphite that was a total loss in a pretty gnarly accident in March of 2016. Been in recovery since and going to have a couple surgeries next year but hoping to get back on a bike next year and really want it to be a '16 or'18 with yellow wheels. Pic of my old bike. TIA

185BCF0C-1B6E-44EA-BEDB-37AA570BA29B.jpeg

I can’t speak for what the old gen is like but I have an 18 with the neon wheels. And absolutely love it.  I read there wasn’t many changes except for body and a slight suspension change I think 

11C754EA-9209-4331-84DF-5D23B53D80AE.jpeg

I was going to put on that really cool HD ebike dress.  Ya thats what Ima gonna do

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

Interested in  this. I will say that I went to look at the new style bikes, but I wasn't swayed to trade mine in.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

My brother and I went to the dealer to purchase a MT-09 and I went to look at the redesigned MT-07 and I liked it.  It made me want another 07.  They blacked out the things we'd have blacked out with aftermarket parts, and then some (radiator and triple trees are now black).  Overall it's a really nice bike and anyone buying one is in for a treat.

SigSide.jpg

I'd be fine with either generation of the 07, but prefer the look of the intake scoops on the 15-17 models.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Archived