The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Texas.

RoRo72

Hello. I am in Texas. Hoping to trade my Kawasaki Nomad this weekend for a FZ07. My wife's knees are getting bad and she can't ride more than about an hour or two a day. So I got the to get what I want. I have been riding for about five years. By the way I am 42 years old 5'9" weighting in about 235. Owned a Rebel, VStar 650 Classic, and now a Kawi Nomad. I have test rode several sport bikes and have not liked. Same with adventure bikes. Was already assuming I would not realy like the FZ07 when I test rode it. Came back and the wife knew I loved it from seeing my face. Would try the FZ09 but since I have never been a speed demon on a motorcycle, I don't want to get in over my head. I live on a rode with lots of loose rock. I don't know if sport bikes are worse on gravel than cruisers or not  with less rake(which makes quicker steering). Hope I get to be part of the family real soon.

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Please post photos when you get your bike. What color are you getting?

• Global Moderator

It is a tough choice. I got the red, but white was a close second choice. Of course the gray/blue looks good too, especially with the blue windscreen someone had a photo of in one of the threads. It is hard to go wrong no matter what color you choose.

• Global Moderator

Welcome @roro72. Great to have you here.

I choose white in the end, but I agree, it is a tough choice. They all look great. There is even rumour the next year we will see yellow  :o

Good thing too is that they are easy to color swap. It is just a couple of plastic panels.
The big difference is the color of the frame which is harder to change.
I liked the silver frame (and the red spring) on the white bike and now that I have it I have no desire to change the white. I think it looks awesome.

I think the full gray front fender would look better on the white. Yes, red spring sets it up for all red accents on the white.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome RoRo72! The FZ07 is easy to love and it's going to handle a lot different from the cruisers you're used to.

According to our poll red is the fastest color and white is the slowest. That should help you make the correct choice.  8-)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome RoRo72! The FZ07 is easy to love and it's going to handle a lot different from the cruisers you're used to.  
According to our poll red is the fastest color and white is the slowest. That should help you make the correct choice.  8-)
So I buy the white and make it faster than the red. I was thinking white and pinstripe the wheels red, red engine guard bars. That should add 50% more power and make it better than an FZ09. :D 

Archived