The MT-07 Forum

List of OEM consumables?

DewMan

• Premium Member

To maximize savings while ordering small/cheap OEM parts, I'm looking for more parts to order since I'm going to pay $10 for shipping anyway for the $2 part.

I'm ordering some needed rubber grommets and figured I'd buy some other OEM parts while I was at it so the cost of shipping will be more economical.

Can we come up with a list of OEM consumable parts that we might want add to an order to either order enough to get free shipping or to get the best use of minimum shipping charges?

Perhaps others could make use of such a list as well.

Front Sprocket Nut: 90179-22018-00
This should be replaced when replacing front sprocket since it is staked.

OEM Air filter:1WS-14450-00-00

OEM oil filter: 5GH-13440-60-00

Drain plug washer: 214-11198-01-00

Should be replaced every oil change.

brake line Banjo bolt washers: 90430-10005-00

sooner or later you'll need one.

I'm sure I'm  missing many others. Please post other suggested OEM parts that it would be smart to stock up on especially if you do all your own maintenance. Please include part # if possible please. I'll update the list as more ideas are offered.

Thanks in advance people. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

This an inside joke and the mystery recipient will know that this was intended for them alone and they will most likely respond shortly so don't hold your breath boys and girls!

How about self cancelling turn signals?! 😆

Beemer

Just a thought and I know they're more expensive but what about special tools to go along with parts that either require them or are just simply very helpful when working with particular parts? I know you have a few of those in your garage and not everyone knows about all the cool tools out there. I surely don't.

Beemer

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Just a thought and I know they're more expensive but what about special tools to go along with parts that either require them or are just simply very helpful when working with particular parts? I know you have a few of those in your garage and not everyone knows about all the cool tools out there. I surely don't.

That sounds like a good topic for another thread. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

Who's got some more ideas? There must be other OEM parts that we should be keeping spares of right?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator
On 3/22/2019 at 8:53 AM, DewMan said:

Who's got some more ideas? There must be other OEM parts that we should be keeping spares of right?

The throttle cables, and housings

The pins on these sheared off on the stock bars several times for me

Still rocking a set w/o them because aftermarket bars but still something that helps

Throttle caps

1WS-26281-00-00 upper

1WS-26282-00-00 lower

Cables

1WS-26301-00-00 

Maybe the rear sprocket nut? 

90185-16002-00

And the seat attachment bracket that always gets stripped out?

1WS-21131-00-00

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Maybe

1WS-22151-00-00 Seal, Guard     (the rubber thing on the swing arm.)

• Premium Member

Handlebars, front brake lever and clutch lever... I keep a spare set on hand at home/track... Same for my dirt bike... They are "fairly universal" across the Yamaha lineup... 

Oil pan crush washer...I dunno the part number but I get mine from work... Again they are pretty universal across the Yamaha lineup

I do know both my FZ-07 and FJ-09 share the same oil filter...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived