The MT-07 Forum

Just bought bike

Bought bike yesterday and during ride home it did not take long to realize this was the perfect bike choice for me. I even bought the extended 5 year warranty for $400 which I'm still unsure if it was a good choice or not but I figure would give peace of mind.

I've already found posts on this site helpful and I'm looking forward to doing some mods.

Thanks

mt07-3.jpg

Welcome and congratulations of the new bike purchase. I decided not to extend my warranty just because I work on my own vehicles in case the unfortunate happens. With that being said, paying $400 for an extra 4 year warranty is a decent deal considering they are usually around $600 after the fact. I'm assuming you purchased it along with the bike .

Ride safe.

Yes I purchased with the bike. And typically i never buy extended warranties. But seeing as how it was only 100 per year, and transferable in case I did sell it, I thought if nothing else, it would probably add some value to bike in case I did sell before 5 years.

3 minutes ago, alter said:

Yes I purchased with the bike. And typically i never buy extended warranties. But seeing as how it was only 100 per year, and transferable in case I did sell it, I thought if nothing else, it would probably add some value to bike in case I did sell before 5 years.

Blasphemy! Sell it, sell it?

Betcha won't.

Welcome!

Seems cheap for an extended warranty, but then again, it's probably cheap because they know you're pretty much guaranteed not to use it. These bikes have a very good reputation for quality and longevity.

I actually do not expect to grow out of the bike and I've ridden quite a few bikes and so I would not be surprised at all if I kept this 5 years.

Archived