The MT-07 Forum

Final Video Before Wrecking My Bike

Hailsham

Hello everybody, this is the last video I will be uploading with my 2018 Mt 07 because I sold it as salvage. You can be informed about how to wreck your own bike by watching this video. Thanks for watching!

FZ07R WaNaB

I might get slammed for this, but I'm not feeling bad for you - NOT AT ALL!

Dude, you were riding like a f.ucking idiot, and you are lucky you are alive. What we don't know is if you caused anyone else to get into a wreck/get hurt/get dead from how you were riding.

nuf said...

I agree.  You are lucky you are alive. Riding like that gives all riders a bad name. You could have hurt someone else. If your riding caused someone to get hurt or if they killed you they would be burdened by that the rest of their life. If you want to ride like that go to a track. 

Just now, scat2me said:

If you want to ride like that go to a track. 

Not welcome there either.

I won't reprimand your riding since I don't wanna be a hypocrite! Love me some wheelies and hooning around, but I hope you find a desolate place to goof off in the future and ride more responsible while in traffic. We don't know what happened or what your injuries are. Actually, we don't know if this accident was your fault or not. Whatever happened, I hope you heal up straight and fast...and ride safe! 👍

• Premium Member
cornerslider
2 hours ago, scat2me said:

I agree.  You are lucky you are alive. Riding like that gives all riders a bad name. You could have hurt someone else. If your riding caused someone to get hurt or if they killed you they would be burdened by that the rest of their life. If you want to ride like that go to a track. 

You should definitely go do a track day..... Leave your preconcieved ideas about what you THINK you know, at the gate. I thought I new how to ride once.... I had 30+ years of dirt & street experience- "What could anyone possibly teach me, that I don't already know???" I learned more   on my first track day, than I did in my previous thirty years of riding. I had a rider coach that I didn't like (on a personal level), yet I still managed to learn so much from him. My first track day was 10 years ago. I am now a rider coach as well. Just, PLEASE don't ride like that on the street.... EVER again- 😎

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

5 hours ago, shinyribs said:

I won't reprimand your riding since I don't wanna be a hypocrite! Love me some wheelies and hooning around, but I hope you find a desolate place to goof off in the future and ride more responsible while in traffic. We don't know what happened or what your injuries are. Actually, we don't know if this accident was your fault or not. Whatever happened, I hope you heal up straight and fast...and ride safe! 👍

Thank you! A car slammed into me from my left side and I crashed into a tree about 70-80km per hour. Turkish traffic police found the car guilty in the accident because I was only filtering which is legal in Turkey. I ride like this when the road is available, its a compilation so it looks like I ride like this all the time.

I broke my femur and now healing, its been over 3 months.

Unfortunate thing with Turkey is that we dont have a track to go and have fun. Only in summer for a short period of time for crazy money which I cannot afford. I am planning to get a dirt bike so I can have fun somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Hailsham said:

Thank you! A car slammed into me from my left side and I crashed into a tree about 70-80km per hour. Turkish traffic police found the car guilty in the accident because I was only filtering which is legal in Turkey. I ride like this when the road is available, its a compilation so it looks like I ride like this all the time.

I broke my femur and now healing, its been over 3 months.

Unfortunate thing with Turkey is that we dont have a track to go and have fun. Only in summer for a short period of time for crazy money which I cannot afford. I am planning to get a dirt bike so I can have fun somewhere else.

Oh man, a broken femur....I hear that's the most painful injury you can endure. Track days are crazy expensive where I live, too. All in you end up at $400+ per day to ride. No wonder very few people get to take advantage of it. Dirt bikes are an insane amount of fun with a way lower risk level...provided you don't go all high-jumping motorcross style :D 

Best wishes on your recovery. Are you gonna get another 07 or any other type of street bike?

4 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Oh man, a broken femur....I hear that's the most painful injury you can endure. Track days are crazy expensive where I live, too. All in you end up at $400+ per day to ride. No wonder very few people get to take advantage of it. Dirt bikes are an insane amount of fun with a way lower risk level...provided you don't go all high-jumping motorcross style :D 

Best wishes on your recovery. Are you gonna get another 07 or any other type of street bike?

Thank you so much man. To be honest with you broken femur does not hurt too bad. Top of my leg was burnt due to heat generated by friction and it hurt much more. Lost some of my muscle on my leg, there is a dent basically.

I am not planning to buy a street bike now. 07 was fun but slow after 4th gear. If i get a bike for street I think it will be a superbike because i really get the financials ready for track days. Other than track days I am only planning to ride with a dirtbike on mountain roads. I dont wanna die in traffic because of drivers who are not paying attention. I love riding motorcycle, traffic is not fun.

What can I say? I ride fast too but not in traffic so (as @shinyribs said) it's hard to criticize without being a hypocrite. I will reprimand you for this though, a bike IS NOT really a female so don't grope a bike like you did in the end of the video, ever again! 🤣 Haaaaa, ha!

Beemer

Liquidmetal
20 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

I might get slammed for this, but I'm not feeling bad for you - NOT AT ALL!

Dude, you were riding like a f.ucking idiot, and you are lucky you are alive. What we don't know is if you caused anyone else to get into a wreck/get hurt/get dead from how you were riding.

nuf said...

This.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

On 4/13/2019 at 7:03 PM, Beemer said:

What can I say? I ride fast too but not in traffic so (as @shinyribs said) it's hard to criticize without being a hypocrite. I will reprimand you for this though, a bike IS NOT really a female so don't grope a bike like you did in the end of the video, ever again! 🤣 Haaaaa, ha!

If you look at a old motorcycle from top it has a woman shape. Wide tank, slim seat and a fat passenger seat :D

I agree that you were taking risks while riding which wouldn't be acceptable here in the US.  I have seen numerous videos of riders in Eastern Europe and Middle East that would make this video seem mild in comparison.  What is unacceptable for the US may be acceptable and normal behavior in other countries, so I cannot chastise you for that.  It is, however, not a level of risk that I would take personally nor would I condone. 

Good on you for at least wearing quality gear head to toe - Probably saved your life.  Glad to know that you're on the road to recovery and that you have not lost your passion for motorcycling.  Recover well, understand your limits and risks, and stay safe!

2 hours ago, Hailsham said:

If you look at a old motorcycle from top it has a woman shape. Wide tank, slim seat and a fat passenger seat :D

Stop, I'm starting to get excited!

Beemer

Archived