The MT-07 Forum

Ignition maps?

topazsparrow

topazsparrow

Why are there 17 ignition map tables when the Cylinder>Gear to Map table only references 1-6?

image.thumb.png.9e0b383cde0a352d3a63a5c5902b78b4.png

what's more is they are vary slightly in the stock map. The FTecu unrestricted map copy pasted the same map for every gear and every cylinder.

Maybe worth noting that Maps 12 - 17 are identical. So I guess they just have excess maps for no reason?

• 1 year later...

BUMP.

Anybody figure this out? i've been scouring the forums and confused as sh*t about the ignition changes on the stock and unrestricted base maps.

Or did FTECU correct their ignition tables on the unrestricted versions.

Any help/direction is appreciated.

sorry if this has been discussed and rediscussed. 
At this point I’m looking at sending my ecu out to a vendor then run activetune on that. From my understanding the activetune doesn’t adjust timing and unrestricted is too much and stock is stock. 

Edited by RobZilla
  • Like 1

In the dynojet pv3 stock file there are 18 ignition  maps.  13-18 are identical as you mentioned. And actually almost the same as 12 except for a few cells. Im leaning towards they just are bonus maps that arent used.  Because they are not referenced anywhere and in the dynojet software they are labeled as gear maps. Maybe the FZ/MT was planned to have 9 gears 🤔🙃

As far as spark, you could leave the timing stock and run the cheap gas.  Or you could dig through some power commander maps and use those timing additions. Or your send it to a vendor plan will work too.  

Kinda wonder if the maps could have been built from an FZ09 kinda template of sorts? 

3cyl per gear? 

The bin file isn’t fully defined is the correct answer.   Reverse engineering an ecu is a ton of work.  It took more than 10 years on the evo ecu to understand the logic. 

Yamaha has separate ignition maps for each cylinder 1-6+ neutral gives you 14 plus the last two are likely used in a lookup and referenced in the ecu as a safety measure or limp mode.  

Running an aftermarket ecu is the only way to be sure the engine is doing exactly what your requesting. 

The trade offs are its expensive.  FTecu is cheap and works well enough for most applications but not really a fully defined ecu definition.  It also a pain in the ass on the dyno with the time it takes to flash and not having the ability to make live changes real time. 

• Like 2

Get your MT07 & FZ07 racing parts at https://www.robemengineering.com/fz-07-products

That makes sense for the ignition maps. Thanks all. 

so does importing the pcv maps also adjust the timing? 
The pcv import tool on FTECU just imports the one file from the dynojet pcv maps.

example: M22-065-008.pvm 

It would make sense then for me to start with a base restricted ecu configuration from FTECU, get a pcv map from the dynojet website (idk where else to get them) based on the idea that it adjusts timing, then run the auto tune to adjust the fueling only since I don’t believe it adjust timing. 

Edited by RobZilla

With the powercore software you can open the pvm file and see exactly what is going on. You would then have to manually enter into ftecu. Powercore software is a free download if i remember correctly. 

693427491_Screenshot(24).thumb.png.88130407fde4736e81a9abefb3413558.png

This is M22-065-007.pvm

Edit: If you manually enter it make sure you do proper smoothing across the cells. Because if you notice the pvm file only has 20% tps increment/resolution.

Edit 2: Just wanted to add. You are correct, auto tune does not change timing. 

Edited by geophb
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I push the subject up again.

What is the Maximum in the Stock Engine for ingnition timing at 100 tps? If someone drives with 12.5: 1 or 13, + 13.5: 1, these experiences would also be very good to share. With stock combustion chamber or revised ? 

of course only with 100 octane +

Of course, you put these values on the dyno brakes, I just want  a rough guide. what works and what doesn't. ;) 

I will only have a dyno for rent in a few weeks.

Greetings Mike

Edited by Michineun
  • Like 1