The MT-07 Forum

Which Chain Lube?

Beemer

This video just in on Chain lube. 

Edit: They didn't include Dupont Chain saver in their test, which might've won the test.

Beemer

phanomenal07

I use chain wax but the motul one looks pretty good. Might switch to that when I run out

Don't even bother. There's no point. It will only dirty the bike the first ride after the lube. 

I've owned this one dirt bike since 2004 (Honda CRF250R). Between 2004 and now, I may have lubed the chain a total of 5 times, and I'm only on my 2nd chain. I think I purchased an O-Ring chain to replace the stock. 

Only BelRay Super Clean for me. I run my bikes hard and my chains last as long as anyone's. Going on 15k miles on this bike and the underside of my chain guard is still spotless. BelRay does NOT fling. I replaced my stock chain early on due to thinking it had an issue that turned out to be something else( faulty  slider). I've got around 13k miles on my replacement chain (same as stock) and haven't adjusted it, ever. It's showing zero signs of  wear as of now. 

(Dirt bikes are different. Lubing a dirt bike chain can cause some serious grit build up.) 

Would love to know how he made Maxima chain wax fling off. That shet is impossible to get off once dry! And you'll never get the Motul to brush under the rollers. $0.02

Liquidmetal
4 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Would love to know how he made Maxima chain wax fling off. That shet is impossible to get off once dry!

Probably didn't give it a chance to dry.  The Maxima wax reminds me of cosmoline once it dries, does not fling on my bike.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

1 hour ago, Liquidmetal said:

Probably didn't give it a chance to dry.  The Maxima wax reminds me of cosmoline once it dries, does not fling on my bike.

Funny you say that, because I actually use it as cosmoline! I also use it to coat cylinder walls when I'm sandblasting the outside of jugs. It's tough enough that I trust it that much. Then just wash it away with mineral spirits. 👍

Just now, shinyribs said:

Funny you say that, because I actually use it as cosmoline! I also use it to coat cylinder walls when I'm sandblasting the outside of jugs. It's tough enough that I trust it that much. Then just wash it away with mineral spirits. 👍

143mph on GPS and no flingage. 

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

I also use Maxima chain wax, and have had no issues with flinging, although it may not be as good for rust prevention as something more oil-like.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Use Maxima chain wax as that was all I could find locally at the time I purchased the bike.  Clean the chain while it's warm (WD40+360 brush, then wipe clean with shop cloth) and apply the chain wax while warm and allow to dry.  👌  I think that the Dupont chain saver is what I tried to order when I purchased the bike, but yet another item that can't be shipped to my destination.. 🙄

Archived