The MT-07 Forum

Tracer900 GT

Burley

About to pull the trigger on a 2019 Tracer 900 GT.  Haven't been this excited (about a bike) since I got my FZ-07 in 2015.  It's been an awesome bike but it's time to get something with just a little more for what I want.

• Thanks 1

Bigturbomax

Im in love with that bike, specifically the GT version. Only thing holding me back really is the with of the motor makes it feel way to tall for me 5'9. Its a slick bike tho

5 hours ago, Burley said:

About to pull the trigger on a 2019 Tracer 900 GT.  Haven't been this excited (about a bike) since I got my FZ-07 in 2015.  It's been an awesome bike but it's time to get something with just a little more for what I want.

Have you joined our forum at tracer900.net yet ? 

@Bigturbomax, I too had that concern as I am 5'9" with a 30 " inseam.  I rode the FJ-09 a couple of years ago and found it tall, but when i rode the tracer 900 gt the other day I was fine with it.  I might get some boots with a thicker sole to give me a little more reach.

• Like 1

Bought the bike.   Pick it up on Saturday😀@Cruizin will join the new forum.  Many thanks all!  Happy trails.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bigturbomax

Congatulations! I hope you have many happy miles with it. I still wish we could get the tracer 700 in the states 😕

i spent 2 years and too much money turning my FZ07 into a light touring machine lol. 

please post pics of your new bike!

what color did you go with?

Edited by Bigturbomax
Forgot something

• Premium Member

The FJ/Tracer-09 is a Swiss army knife 😅

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

intensity_white

I am lusting after a Tracer too, but I just don't see myself taking enough long trips to make it make sense.  Around town, my feeling is that the MT07 is still the better bike.

Hi Everybody.  New bike is awesome.  Day three of ownership and its raining.  I put it in B mode (rain) and went to my old parking lot to do some figure 8s and u-turns (life-long learner here!).  Bike is bigger for sure so I wanted to give it some practice at slow speed.  I gave it a little stretch on the highway yesterday...all I can say is wow!  If y0u are looking for a boring bike, don't get this one!  I'm still a huge fan of the FZ-07/MT-07 platform so will stay on this forum.

IMG_0933.jpg

• Like 2

intensity_white

Beautiful bike Burley!  I see you are in BC --you guys get the GT in a better color than we do in the states!  Color me jealous!  👍

5 minutes ago, intensity_white said:

Beautiful bike Burley!  I see you are in BC --you guys get the GT in a better color than we do in the states!  Color me jealous!  👍

@intensity_white, I agree that for more urban-focused riding the MT-07 would be better.   

Yes I quite like the color!  I was a little concerned that I'd be like road camo with the grey but I'm going to get some brighter gear.

dirtsampler

Great looking bike! I'm thinking of getting one as well, and have the same inseam measurements as you. Can you report on how you've been dealing with the height of the bike?

55 minutes ago, dirtsampler said:

Great looking bike! I'm thinking of getting one as well, and have the same inseam measurements as you. Can you report on how you've been dealing with the height of the bike?

Will do.  Commute to work is about 20 miles round trip -- combo of highway, back roads and urban.  Today was a holiday so tomorrow is when reality hits.  Give me a few days for some honest feedback on height.  Real test will be the parking lot where I usually get my groceries (there's something a little off about how it was engineered in places).  Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Congrats!  I just got a Tracer GT as well, for two up rides with my GF since I converted my only two seater into a custom one seater.

First weekend went to Sedona, AZ from Las Vegas, and came back through the Grand Canyon.  800 miles in a day and a half, and she loved it!

- Paul

62118711_2500969486593612_1566341226725113856_n.jpg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
6 hours ago, pgeldz said:

Congrats!  I just got a Tracer GT as well, for two up rides with my GF since I converted my only two seater into a custom one seater.

First weekend went to Sedona, AZ from Las Vegas, and came back through the Grand Canyon.  800 miles in a day and a half, and she loved it!

- Paul

62118711_2500969486593612_1566341226725113856_n.jpg

Wait, what?

And you didn't come the few hours to Phoenix for a meal?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Wait, what?

And you didn't come the few hours to Phoenix for a meal?

Lol, we were on a tight schedule Sork :)

Is the throttle smoothed up on this model. 09's used to be aweful.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...