The MT-07 Forum

LS2 Helmets

scat2me

Just now, scat2me said:

Anyone have any experience with the LS2 helmets ? Quality, comfort etc. 

Several buddies race in them, one is sponsered by them. Top notch. 

DSC_2715-1_resized.thumb.jpg.01bf3a6dd2feb1331fa1a25ef0e0f2e2.jpg

BJN15345-1.thumb.jpg.27bb9baddd0f4ac7a44ee04a82a9f0f6.jpg

They find them comfortable, altho comfort is extremely subjective. They seem well made, meet the various testing protocols and have decent features and a solid price point.

The following is my opinion, for what it's worth. I would put them in the same catagory as HJC, Shark, Scorpion etc, a different catagory than helmets such as Schuberth, Ariai, Shoei, AGV etc. Of course there is always some overlap in models/price/features etc between some manufacturers and models but you get the idea.

TheAbhartach

I have an LS2 and briefly used it as my primary lid. I was surprised by home comfortable it was. It was quite loud, however. My impression is that the consensus around LS2 is that you get a lot of helmet for the money, but that they certainly aren't "premium" quality by any stretch.

5 hours ago, mossrider said:

Several buddies race in them, one is sponsered by them. Top notch. 

DSC_2715-1_resized.thumb.jpg.01bf3a6dd2feb1331fa1a25ef0e0f2e2.jpg

BJN15345-1.thumb.jpg.27bb9baddd0f4ac7a44ee04a82a9f0f6.jpg

They find them comfortable, altho comfort is extremely subjective. They seem well made, meet the various testing protocols and have decent features and a solid price point.

The following is my opinion, for what it's worth. I would put them in the same catagory as HJC, Shark, Scorpion etc, a different catagory than helmets such as Schuberth, Ariai, Shoei, AGV etc. Of course there is always some overlap in models/price/features etc between some manufacturers and models but you get the idea.

Schuberth is above all of em

Just now, Cruizin said:

Schuberth is above all of em

Funny you should mention this. I own, and race, in both a Schuberth SR1 and an HJC RPHA10. Both great helmets but in every measurable way the Schuberth is technically superior to the HJC. It certainly is a 'premium' helmet. But I find myself wearing the HJC 90% of the time due to comfort and convenience. The biggest reason is the center shield release mech found on the HJC. WTF can't Schuberth (insert any stodgy premium manufacturer of whatever here) just use what works instead of trying to reinvent the wheel for some features? If a bear dumps in the woods the Germans are out there, micrometers and calculators in hand, re engineering it for better aero, less weight, better performance etc., sheesh. Just make it ambidextrous already!

End rant.

😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

fz07nc27501

I had one, once, for a day. To be fair it was on the lower end of the spectrum pricewise.  I wasnt a fan of the ratcheting chinstrap, although I got sold on it by the salesman. I found there to be a lot of turbulence and unnecessary wind noise. I think my biggest issue wasn't even the helmet, but the dealer I bought it from. They didn't honor the 30 day return policy because I rode with it, once, and that really irked me.

I now ride with a Scorpion 

Edited by fz07nc27501