The MT-07 Forum

2wdw ecu reset question

dmaster9494

dmaster9494

So I have aftermarket renthal ultralows and the 2wdw ecu flash. My understanding is that the cable that you dont plug in (can you tell im new to modding) with the new set of bars I guess makes it so I cant start in 1st gear. I thought I saw somewhere on here that if you try to start it in 1st gear it resets your ecu to factory setup. Is this true? After a ride yesterday with some homies I went into first with kickstand down so it cut, didnt know why immediately so tried to start again in 1st THEN I new why. I feel the annoying throttle cut again and want to make sure im not crazy 

stickshift
14 hours ago, dmaster9494 said:

I thought I saw somewhere on here that if you try to start it in 1st gear it resets your ecu to factory setup. Is this true? 

I very much doubt it!

• Global Moderator

I have never heard of that either.  I am pretty sure you have to re-write the ECU data to get it back to stock. 

• Premium Member

I've started my FZ in first gear probably a dozen times with no ECU reset of my 2WDW flash . It would make no sense for that to happen. Let's put this fallacy to rest please.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

dmaster9494
22 hours ago, DewMan said:

I've started my FZ in first gear probably a dozen times with no ECU reset of my 2WDW flash . It would make no sense for that to happen. Let's put this fallacy to rest please.

What I forgot to leave out was that I have an rsc stunt clutch so that cable that goes into the normal assembly isnt plugged in on mine 

• Global Moderator

Clutch safety switch and kickstand safety switch are required for the system to start outside of neutral

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

dmaster9494

FIXED

Clutch slack needed to be adjusted because it was in engaged just slightly enough so it through into a neutral fuel map 

Archived