The MT-07 Forum

What would you do?

phanomenal07

phanomenal07

So i been thinking really hard and i cant decide what i want to do. Should i sell my daytona 675 and buy a triumph tiger 800 and then make the fz07 as "tracked out" as it can be. Or should i keep both bike but try to make the FZ as much of a touring bike as possible?

Third not so likely option is to sell both bikes and get a super duke but i doubt i have the heart to do that.

• Premium Member

You should send me both bikes and then just start over with all new ones. 😁

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

If you cant decide.     How can people who don't know you or your circumstances help you make that decision ? My suggestion is do the Ben Franklin Close. That's how he made decisions.

phanomenal07
45 minutes ago, scat2me said:

If you cant decide.     How can people who don't know you or your circumstances help you make that decision ? My suggestion is do the Ben Franklin Close. That's how he made decisions.

Title of the post is "what would you do"

• Premium Member

Keep the FZ-07... Trade the Daytona in for a Yamaha T7 next fall... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

This is serious! My Kmart crystal ball tells me tragedy and darkness will fall upon you if you keep the bikes.

Hate to say it …..You'd better listen to what @DewMan says.

(Pssst! DewMan, I want the Daytona!) 👍

Beemer

FZ07R WaNaB
4 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Or should i keep both bike but try to make the FZ as much of a touring bike as possible?

Yep, that sounds like a good plan. Heck, I went for a 702 mile ride in 1.5 days on my FZ, and felt fine afterwards.... and I was 60 at the time. Tiffani (zombiphone) has gone around 60,000 miles in a year on her FZ. It's fine on a trip, and if you are like me, I prefer to have most of my body in the wind. A short wind screen works well for me.

My bike looks a little bit tour worthy...

IMG_1301.JPG

It sounds like you prefer the 07 to the 675 for track use.  If you know you'll spend a good deal of time at the track, then option "A" sell the 675 and go for the tiger.  At the end of the day you'll be the one living with the choice, so take some time, perhaps try and get a test ride on the tiger, etc to see what speaks to you.

Seems to me you might try to decide what you want bikes to do for you. Then find bikes to suit. Trouble is, you might find what you've got is the answer.....then what? 😊

Just do it! 

phanomenal07

@FZ07R WaNaB thats an awesome setup you got. I have done a few long trips on the fz and it isnt bad at all. The reason why the tiger is in consideration is because i want to do a little more offroading on these trips. However offroading isnt something i would do often which is why im hesitant. @Zephyr i actually like the daytona better on the track however the Fz does just fine on the track. I just feel like the fz would be a better track bike then an adventure bike. Also the fz is just so fun to fiddle with so modding it would be fun. So i guess the compromise is do sacrifice track ability in favor of travel ability or vice versa. 

Side note: the reason why selling the FZ isnt an option is because It soo freaking fun to ride. I commute alot and riding around town is a blast on the fz. Only way i would sell the fz is if i can get a direct replacement right away I.E 1290 superduke 

FZ07R WaNaB
5 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

because i want to do a little more offroading on these trips. However offroading isnt something i would do often which is why im hesitant.

Zombiphone used Shinko 705's on her FZ for her whole trip. She says that they do well on light offroading such as dirt/gravel roads, but yet are still fine on pavement. 60,000 miles is a good testimony. Just a thought for you.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shinko-705-dual-sport-tires

Archived