The MT-07 Forum

Better Visibility

mikeyfz07

Hello,

I just came across this cool product. I already have my batman helmet so won't be going this route but looks pretty cool. 

• Premium Member

I thought that was cool, perhaps a bit novel but cool none the less.

Lumenflex makes a similar product aimed at increasing visibility. I put it on my Christmas list, we'll see what happens.

sxljc6.jpg

Everything went braap.

I liked the look of the Electoluminescent tubes, reminds me of a Tron helmet. But I noticed it was visible in the video in real dark areas but not so much as the Light Rider led bar that Hobbs (above) posted. I went to their web sight and they have a video of the led strip and it looks VERY bright.

HOBBS
I ordered one (clear with the red) they are a bit expensive but when it comes in I will post up some pics and give ya a shout on what I think of it.

AC

• Premium Member
I liked the look of the Electoluminescent tubes, reminds me of a Tron helmet. But I noticed it was visible in the video in real dark areas but not so much as the Light Rider led bar that Hobbs (above) posted. I went to their web sight and they have a video of the led strip and it looks VERY bright.  
HOBBS
I ordered one (clear with the red) they are a bit expensive but when it comes in I will post up some pics and give ya a shout on what I think of it.

AC

Awesome, looking forward to getting your opinion. Did you go with the battery or bike hookup? I'm leaning towards the battery and either yellow/red or white/red.

Can't come to a decision and I don't see any provisions in the law that govern accessory lights as such for my state.

Everything went braap.

I went with battery hook up.... as far as laws go in California the Vehicle Code dictates color visible...so to the front or sides it has to be clear or amber and amber or red to rear.

I decided to go with the white (clear) and red thinking it would give me the best visibility. When it comes in I will send ya some picks I will try to do it (weather permitting) at like mid day, sunset and in the night to see how it shows up. Ill also give ya my two cents on build quality etc.

:)

Ok so the Lumenflex arrived today and I mounted it to my Bell Vortex Helmet. First I ordered the product two days ago and it already arrived. It was packaged very well came with easy to understand directions. It suggest that you wipe helmet down with alcohol in order for tapes to adhere. The company included the alcohol wipe. :) Something that I absolutely LOVE is they make sure you know it was made in the good ol USA which tends to be not very common anymore.

Ok so simple to put on (if you can apply a decal your good) I went with the battery pack model which the battery comes in a nice black ballistic nylon case equipped with a solid metal belt clip. All cords switches are nicely done with the switch having positive engagement. Now the lights BRIGHT BRIGHT INSANLY BRIGHT!! You will be seen on the road and perhaps even from space :) I am going to try to upload some pics. All photos were shot in the back patio with only a bit of interior light for the most part it was black and shot with no flash. I also included a photo from approximately 80 feet away you cant make out the helmet per se but you can definitely see the lights. It was a bit expensive at around $80 but considering its quality and made here I think it is a pretty good buy for someone who wants to be seen on the road or perhaps from Mars :)  Id also add that I mounted the lights similar to how they had it on the Lumenflex web site,  even as bright as they are the way they are mounted I had ZERO residual light bleeding through so it will not affect your vision.  

Ride safe
AC
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/acenturian1/CIMG0227_zpsa1b15ea7.jpg
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/acenturian1/CIMG0229_zps092c1216.jpg

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/acenturian1/CIMG0231_zpsc1727588.jpg

• Premium Member

Thanks for the review. Sounds just like you'd hope it would be. Definitely on my short list.

The led's are so bright it makes the whole helmet glow.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Oh, just out of curiosity how is the light output during the day?

Everything went braap.

I will take some photo's tomorrow in the afternoon to give ya an idea. :) Its really bright I have to say I wasn't expecting it that bright lOL

AC

Ok some day photo's
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/acenturian1/helmetledday_zps26567d56.jpg
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/acenturian1/helmetledday3_zpsa539dfa8.jpg

The LED's are visible (camera tones it down a bit) in day.....even in direct sun light they can still be seen...although not very bright. 
Hope that helps
Ride safe all
AC

• Premium Member

Thanks for taking the time to take pics. Can't beat extra visibility even if only a little in the daylight.

My helmet is gonna be the brightest object known to man between the hi viz, reflective panels and active lighting.

Good thing too cause once I get a good leather jacket my attire will all be dark and ominous again. Need visibility however you can get it.

Everything went braap.

Hobbs: I hear ya on the visibility ..mostly because people in cars doing look for cycles. I took it out tonight just to see and I had a lady pull up next to me take out her IPhone and snap a shot saying "I love your helmet" LOL

The led's are bright enough that it lights "your" arms and torso up. I wear an ICON white leather jacket at night at it was definitely lighting up my arms. Also I bought a HI-viz vest (Fly Racing Brand) that I wear sometimes at night...it was pretty cheap, but well made and it also helps especially if I am wearing a dark jacket underneath (plus more pockets LOL)

Lastly your Avatar is that the Black Flag (Band Logo) ??

• Premium Member
Hobbs: I hear ya on the visibility ..mostly because people in cars doing look for cycles. I took it out tonight just to see and I had a lady pull up next to me take out her IPhone and snap a shot saying "I love your helmet" LOL  
The led's are bright enough that it lights "your" arms and torso up. I wear an ICON white leather jacket at night at it was definitely lighting up my arms. Also I bought a HI-viz vest (Fly Racing Brand) that I wear sometimes at night...it was pretty cheap, but well made and it also helps especially if I am wearing a dark jacket underneath (plus more pockets LOL)

Lastly your Avatar is that the Black Flag (Band Logo) ??

That's awesome.. I have a hi viz jacket but it's not gonna cut it for winter. Planning to get a leather jacket soon, figured I'd throw some hi viz armbands or a vest over it.

I definitely see a difference between my dark gear and hi viz gear in terms of how drivers behave around me. It's clear you get noticed quickly and more often.

And yes, it is the Black Flag logo. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Everything went braap.

Archived