The MT-07 Forum

engine vibration

dewski

I have started to notice an increase in the vibration from the engine. I swear it has gotten worse in the last few 100 miles but I'm sure it could also all be in my head.
I have about 1400 on my bike, done one oil change to valvoline full syn (until I order amsoil) tightened my chain within spec and lubed.  I didn't bother taking it to the stealer for service that I could easily do myself. 

Just wondered what I should be 'feeling' as normal vibration on our bikes.   It seems like it has become more pronounced both on the pegs and grips....just wondering if I should be concerned at all or if there is any thing I could check.  I am considering changing out the oil again before I put her into semi hibernation for winter (utah)

Can't say I feel anything through the grips but can feel the uneven firing pulses due to the
so called flat plane crank, at higher power settings.

• Premium Member

If I give the bars a death grip I feel more hand numbing vibes.

Had the temperature dropped and you get cold and subconsciously hang on tighter? Windier conditions?

Does it come and go? If so it's more likely the pilot not the bike.

That said keep an eye out, if you think it's mechanical take it to the dealer. Or take a large screwdriver and put the handle to your ear and touch around the bike listening for abnormalities. It's like a ghetto stethoscope.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Not sure if this helps at all but I noticed my bike having major vibrations in the handle bars and pegs after I installed exhaust. I took the baffle out and it relieved a ton of vibrations. Again probably not your situation but just posting in case someone else has something similar.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I don't think having a 400 lb. vibrator is a problem.  8-)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Archived