The MT-07 Forum

Cheap full exhaust

Grant31781

• Premium Member

I believe the rule "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." comes into play here.

I'd question the quality of the materials and the welds at that price. That muffler definitely can't be true carbon fiber at that price either. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't lose  HP using it seeing as there couldn't have been much, if any, R&D done for that price. If it lasted more than a season or two without rusting out I'd be surprised at that as well.

It'll do for a short term solution I guess while you save up for a proper exhaust if you've damaged your existing system beyond usability.

Of course It's your bike, give it a shot if you want. You won't be out much if you don't like it. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

I have seen these exhausts before usually for $150, which is already cheap for a full system.

I have seen people on facebook that have been happy with the exhaust, but I honestly don't even know if any tuners have a map for this system. Also yeah that carbon is just a decal, and I would be skeptical of quality all around.

60 bucks makes me suspect the listing is not even legit. If I were going to take my chances I would pay with a prepaid visa. Incase your card info ends up being sold, or used unethically.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Benh972 said:

If I were going to take my chances I would pay with a prepaid visa. Incase your card info ends up being sold, or used unethically.

You get protection from your credit card company, if its a falsified charge or fraudulent charges occur's on your account. You report it, don't pay it, the credit card company will take it from there. They can send you a new card with a new number, (if its needed) you change your online login and password, no cost to you. If you pay with a pre-paid credit card its like paying cash, it might work out, but if it doesn't. Its gone. Just a heads up!!   

• Like 1

• Premium Member

On another note the anodized exhaust pipe you gave a link too,  normally people are buying off e-bay or amazon for around $150- $180' ish. I know that a very reputable tuner has said its a exact knock-off of a yoshimura R-77, it pretty much does exactly the same, said tuner did not comment on the longevity of these exhaust system. To quote a little "As much as I hate to say it, its an exact copy of a yoshimura R-77" now remember what I said about longevity, as he didn't comment on that. As @DewMan said it might work for a while, and your not out a bunch of cash! but i'd run on the side of caution on your link and buy it from amazon or e-bay as they also have to be held accountable in the world of financial transactions and deliver goods at a close to described as possible quality. @Benh972

I will not name the tuner, EVER.....

• Premium Member

Not e-bay. It was Ali-express and Amazon, so play with the fire as much as you want, just don’t complain when it doesn’t go your way. Again it’s cheap as chips, what’s the worst that could happen??

I see it is even listed as Amazon choice so it must be good🤣  I am thinking about trying it, It is $170 shipped. There are a few videos on you tube and the people say the quality is good.

Worst case, it rust out and i put the stock exhaust back on the bike. $170 is a lot cheaper than any name brand full exhaust.

• Like 1