The MT-07 Forum

Trackday Photos

blackout

BrofessorJones

God I love that track, I was just up there 8/17 and 8/18.

Managed to get 4 days in up there this summer, won't be back till next season unfortunately. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Looking Good 👍

I'm hoping to get to NYST before this year is up.

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member

That’s what FZ’s were made for 👍🏻

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Didn’t realize there were as many FZ guys in this area. I’m about 2hrs from NYST ( up by CA border 🇨🇦) I haven’t made it there yet but stripping the FZ for 100% track duty   In a couple months and plan to spend a lot of time there next year. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Hosleymoto said:

Didn’t realize there were as many FZ guys in this area. I’m about 2hrs from NYST ( up by CA border 🇨🇦) I haven’t made it there yet but stripping the FZ for 100% track duty   In a couple months and plan to spend a lot of time there next year. 

This guy has had a season pass at NYST the past 3 years I have been riding there.  That's an early Andy Palmer built FZ07R.

My bike will be full track duty for next year as well....  This winter's mod thread coming soon... lol

natefz07r.jpg

• Like 3

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Just now, blackout said:

My bike will be full track duty for next year as well....  This winter's mod thread coming soon... lol

Me sitting this off-season out to watch someone else shoot their wad for a change, lol.

giphy.gif.d2a5a8947641cd0d4e4bf9fe5080bf0a.gif

Final answer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I already have the AP R6 front end swap. I have a chassis dyno so I’ll be doing my own motor work/ electronics this winter. Pretty excited to start digging in on this project. Was going to try and keep it somewhat streetable but decided to go full potato. 

I’m used to “blowing my wad” on bikes lol hopefully I’ll get more use out of the FZ than I do with this.... 

90ECCCB9-4C4C-418F-A56F-CE3082DDE509.jpeg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

New Bridgestone S22's for a hopeful October trackday...  The S21's served me well and these are a slight upgrade all around according to Bridgestone.  

0915191925a.jpg

• Like 4

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I think you're gonna like them. They're a popular tire with the Bridgestone folks who need a DOT tire for supersport races. S21 was a great tire too, as was the R-10, and is the R-11 series. The 21 & 22 don't really need warmers either to go on track which is nice for track days.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
howworkclutch

ncbike a few weeks ago on my beatup pos.  i keep ripping parts off it in an attempt to make it comfortable for my brokeass. some folks love it. most hate it.

presun-6243-600x400.jpg

• Like 3

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

vir north on sept 30th. my last track day of the year (maybe).

VPRE-3413-600x400.jpg

• Like 3

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
On 9/15/2019 at 7:46 PM, blackout said:

New Bridgestone S22's for a hopeful October trackday...  The S21's served me well and these are a slight upgrade all around according to Bridgestone.  

0915191925a.jpg

Made it to NYST this past Saturday with the new S22's and all went well.  Dry all day, but morning air temps started at 27 degrees with the first session at 30 degrees.  My butt was sliding on the seat real easy with the frost on the seat!...  Tires gripped fine on the cold pavement, but I was riding cautiously of course.  The used ebay wheels were vibration free and I'm still running the Counteract balance beads with good results.

• Like 2

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
12 minutes ago, kolby said:

Sonoma Raceway in August.

What plastics are you using?

-HowWorkClutch

Sharkskinz version of the AP Motoarts FZ07R. Just the tank cover and tail. I made headlight and tail brackets, since I still ride street with the bike.

48678659906_c582f5e6f2_k.jpg

20190730_080652.jpg

Edited by kolby
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
24 minutes ago, kolby said:

Sharkskinz version of the AP Motoarts FZ07R. Just the tank cover and tail. I made headlight and tail brackets, since I still ride street with the bike.

Very cool. Just curious: how is the bike ergonomically? I'm still on stock pegs but i have rearsets on the way.

I put cheap clubmans on because the upright bars were forcing me to use my knees to transition left/right- that led to serious knee pain (getting old sucks btw). With the clubmans, the knee pain is gone but I'm so scrunched-up that I get a serious case of the burps (like doing crunches). I am going to be installing rearsets and those goofey clipons/mounting-plate that woodcraft sells, but I may send the clipons/plate back and just go with clipons if I can fix the clearance issues AND be somewhat comfortable.

-HowWorkClutch

Everyone has different ergonomic preferences, I like to be stretched forward over the front wheel. I had the woodcraft (china copies) that mount on top of the triples, and didn't like them. Now I run standard clipons under the triple, you need a different tank cover of course to get enough clearance. Together with the rearsets, and the elevated seat position (tail & rear shock length), the bike fits great for spirited street riding and the track.

• Premium Member

Awesome seeing the fz07's on the tracks!  I think the motor size is just right for having tons of fun without going bonkers!...

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

phanomenal07
20 hours ago, kolby said:

48678659906_c582f5e6f2_k.jpg

20190730_080652.jpg

Can you do a thread on the headlight and tail light mount. 

3 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Can you do a thread on the headlight and tail light mount. 

Sure. I started a build thread.