The MT-07 Forum

Round Britain Rally

Guest Ralph

Just to show what us Brit's get up to.

Round Britain Rally

For the last few summers I have been doing the RBR it's a summer rally for motorbikes you get a

list of clues all over the country and visit them taking a pic of your bike at the way point and depending

on how many you do you get a award at the end of the year, I did 22 this year for a bronze award you can

do as many or few as you want and pick your own days in the summer it's a good excuse for a few good

rides and to see things you may never have seen, used the MT for some of the way points this year.

Covered about 700 miles doing these, 360 were still running in bike averaged about 75 UK 62 US mpg

Capon Tree monument Scottish Borders nr Jedburgh.

8201Roxburghshire_zpsd03a2170.jpg

Osprey sculpture Glentress

78Peebleshire_zps46fab3c3.jpg

Edward the 7th drinking fountain nr Caulkerbush

65Dumfriesshire_zps1367dddc.jpg

Johnny Sterling Memorial nr St Johns Town of Dalry

73Kirkcudbrightshire_zps5e8db880.jpg

100 waypoints in all and all over the UK mainland so there are always a few nr were you live.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like a real fun time. It would really be fun for somebody from the States to go on this ride! See Britain and have it sort of mapped out for you!

Great photos. I like the Moto Morini! Anyway, this says it all -- as stated on their site: "This will require you to explore back roads and lanes that you may otherwise avoid, to visit places of interest (landmarks) that you may not have known existed..." That's the way to explore a country on a motorcycle.

Archived