The MT-07 Forum

What is this part of the left side (headlight) switch?

lilneddy

I have been looking for a replacement headlight switch and noticed that there is a part of the headlight switch case that I have no clue why its there. Its the part to the right of the headlight switch. See image below. What is that thing?

headlightswitch.jpg

Its a 2016 FZ07. I have been looking at pics of the OEM heated grips for the MT07 and can not find any images that show it being used with the OEM heated grips. 

IMG_4029.jpg.522056688badcd109454b6200c0080de.jpg

Edited by lilneddy

Werbenjagermanjensen

On other models there's a button there. Yamaha saves money by using the same mold, and just putting a cap over it.

• Like 1

It's Yamaha being cheap bastards and reusing the switch from the 09. On the 09 that's where the traction control button is. I swapped mine for an MT03 switch because not only does it look like it's meant to be there, but it doesn't have stupidly placed indicator/horn buttons.

531575802_MT07SwitchUpgrade.jpg.aa741c1861f6055cbf633ca713c3b15b.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I assumed it was where 7th gear was hiding if I could figure out how to operate it...

• Haha 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Now if I can only find a replacement for the headlight high beam switch. Mine fell off when I laid my bike down after getting a new rear tire.