The MT-07 Forum

Bike pulling slightly to the right

Giovanni

Hey everyone. 

I recently got into an accident of sorts. Well truthfully I'm an idiot.  I drove out hour from my house to take some photos. And while setting up the camera I left the switch on and my battery died. Luckily I was on a slight downslope so I just push start the bike. The problem is when I let out the clutch I wasn't on the bike (yes I'm an idiot) the bike got away from because I missed the clutch (oh and did I mention I'm an idiot?) 

Anyway the bike fell on its left side and I broke a few things

1. The clutch lever

2. cracked the side cover (left side) 

3. Bent left front fork

4. Broke off left foot peg

5. Bent handle bars

I managed to get the bike home by not stopping at all (clutchless shifting) and stopping ever so often to check oil levels. Ok so that's the back story. 

I didn't have the energy to mess with any of it so I sent the bike in for repair. I replaced only the left shock absorber on the front

Fast forward to last week. I got the bike back and now it pulls to the

• Premium Member

Maybe try something like shown in this video.  But leave the top triple center pivot tight or the whole front end will move up.  The bike in the video is setup a little different than ours.  So, loosen up the two lower pinch bolts on both sides and do what the video shows.  I'm no expert, but have seen this done a lot after track crashes.

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

When my bars went offline, the  mechanic stood astride the front wheel (with me on the bike) and he yanked them straight. (Sorry vid too long for me)

Just do it! 

22 hours ago, blackout said:

Maybe try something like shown in this video.  But leave the top triple center pivot tight or the whole front end will move up.  The bike in the video is setup a little different than ours.  So, loosen up the two lower pinch bolts on both sides and do what the video shows.  I'm no expert, but have seen this done a lot after track crashes.

Sorry I should've mentioned that this is the first video I tried. Needless to say I did loosen the top triple clamp and the bike dropped. (mangened to save it and put it back. But that didn't fix the problem 

On 11/25/2019 at 5:15 AM, geophb said:

Is it actually pulling or are your handlebars just tweaked and not straight?

Actually pulling. I tried so many times to pull the front end apart and put back together making sure everything is where it should be. I should mention that I have mechanical experience. So it's just killing me not to be able to find the problem 

I would double check wheel alignment and check forks to make sure their even. Check rear tire too. And check air pressure.  If you got good eyes you can sometimes even see misalignment.  Could have tweaked the triple clamp maybe.