The MT-07 Forum

Anybody Got Tin Wall Sign Collections?

rfmueller

Yeah, I'm pathetic.  Sitting here on-line browsing the forum, and thinking "Is it spring yet?"  Only 10 weeks and the Red Baron comes off life support.  tap tap tap tap tap.  That "finding other stuff to do during the winter" thing isn't going so well.  Anybody got any cool MC collections to show?  MCWall5.thumb.jpg.c60a19500d49ccf4aabcf566d5df2231.jpg

WaitingForSpring.JPG

20190702_164639.jpg

MCGarage.JPG

20191216_172850.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, rfmueller said:

MCGarage.JPG

I really like your Snoopy additions, the vintage fridge, obviously the bike, but what comes before Everything written on the wall??

I like pic #2 the best, cracks me up! The guy just sits there as if he's went into winter hibernation and waiting for the first sign of spring before he moves again. Might I suggest some graffiti in red on the plywood with the caption, "The Red Baron Was Here!" 

Beemer

How about helmets?  Anybody got any cool looking helmets they'd like to upload and show off?  Any custom painters out there?  I've done some custom painting from the aerosol cans from Home Depot.  (You can only do 'so much' with Krylon.)  AP996 looks like he had some kind of custom paint on his MC that he recently posted in a different string.  C'mon guys (and gals): drag out the coolest looking pics ya got.  We're trying to get through winter here and need some action!  What was your favorite ride last year?  Best pic?  What's your absolute favorite piece of MC paraphrenalia?  FZ07 shorts?  MC meme?  Battery powered nose warmer?  ("other" battery powered warmer!?)  Knee pads ya wore out doing a low corner?  Helmet with car paint etched in the side from a crash you survived?  (I had one of those but like a dummy, through it away.)  MC key chain your brother gave you for good luck?  Hot Wheels MC?

The color image below is a bit off; the real red is darker than it appears:

20191208_171837.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, versysrider said:

Pic of the FZ on the drive in front of the stable.

SWEEET!

34 minutes ago, versysrider said:

Different angle winter pic.

That looks wonderfully UNPOPULATED.  

1 hour ago, bornagainbiker said:

This is how I get through the winter, LOL:

The longest I've gone without unlocking the MC garage to look at the FZ is two months.   This year it's been almost three weeks.  Had to check the battery tender you know.

Home Decor.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rfmueller said:

The longest I've gone without unlocking the MC garage to look at the FZ is two months.   This year it's been almost three weeks.  Had to check the battery tender you know.

Home Decor.jpg

Maybe it’s better that way. I have to look at it sitting in the cold garage everyday and just think, tomorrow is the first day of winter..,

1 hour ago, versysrider said:

Pic of the FZ on the drive in front of the stable.

E2E2D578-4430-4023-AEC9-E01963FB3ECC.jpeg

Screen name "versysrider" with a FZ09 slumming around with the 07 guys! I'll be your friend! 

Kinda garage art related, but definitely a way to keep busy when indoors for winter. I always try to make something for my peeps as Christmas times. This year the theme was garage art/ scrap metal sculptures. Fun way to keep busy when the weather is nasty outside.  Will be loading up the saddlebags and delivering gifts tomorrow!

Etched this emblem and mounted it to a powdercoated sprocket for my buddy who restores old Triumphs.

7VISE93l.jpg

Etched another emblem and mounted it to a powdercoated old sidecover for my BMW buddy. Betcha already figured that out, though...

4WIamgrl.jpg

This one's for Dad, who likes chilling at his beach house and always falls asleep while picking his mandolin. Still need to add the mandolin strings to this one. 

oKXIv7Nl.jpg

VXtfaSKl.jpg

One for my fishing buddy.

iMrNGgnl.jpg

h1IDALCl.jpg

One for buddy who digs his old Ironhead. I think this one is my favorite.

MoIfxDil.jpg

Rbouabbl.jpg

Little gear rack dealio sent to a buddy in Finland. He's in to steampunk stuff, so I gave it a shot. Has a place to hang keys, gloves, jacket/pants and a helmet pedestal. Can't make it out, but the copper emblem up top that shows when everything is hung up says "Ride More" in Finnish. When you get all the gear off the silver emblem says "Ride Safe"

LrqeWp9l.jpg

iroUSril.jpg

Whipped up a gear rack for myself since my living room coat rack was getting out of control. Just burned grain and shellac. Quick and dirty. 

vFa59RAl.jpg

Also made that bow rack for wifey's bow and my own. Leather strips where the bows hit wood, and leather hidden hinges for the bottom compartment.

EKiCaUBl.jpg

Wifey likes owls. Made from cheap spoons and forks. 

AM1tYdjl.jpg

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I made  a pencil holder.  The hardest part was the seizing of the piston and the way home. 

WP_17_52_20_Rich_verkl.thumb.jpg.ff78a1b29cec57c4269ebf640e671cbe.jpg

I think, this is my tin sign. Bought it at a motorcycle meeting, i guess it's cheap chinese stuff. 

IMG_20191215_172847_verkl.thumb.jpg.87050c523cd06555c1359a4dd8eac3c6.jpg

• Like 5

@ rfmueller: Thanks,  we love being in total privacy on acreage.

@ shinyribs: I bought one of the first Kawasaki Versys in Washington when they first came out and joined the Versys forum about the same time, then just kept using that as I joined other forums.

As far as “slumming around” I have a 2016 FZ-07 in the garage (in “Raven” black) alongside  the 2017 FZ-09. I’ve had a bunch of other much more expensive, so-called premium brand bikes in the garage along with FZ’s but they are the only street  bikes currently in the garage. I value fun, reliability, ease of maintenance, light weight, wheelies, and “bang for the buck”. In all these areas my Yamaha’s excell. I just wish the Japanese bikes would look like Italian bikes and had an option for upgraded suspension and brakes.

I can use all the friends I can get.

Very cool sculptures by the way, might like the owl the best.

To all the others that created tables and sculptures, well done. I’m always surprised how creative people can be, and love seeing stuff being recycled in our “disposable” society. Makes me kinda sick to see how wasteful our country has become.

• Like 1

'16 Yamaha FZ-07, '15 Yamaha FZ-09

@shinyribs I didn't know you were an artist. You do nice work and there's money in that (sculpturing) you know. With a proper website you could be making extra money on the side for something you enjoy doing.

Beemer

Good stuff folks! 

My wife put you all up to this to get me to clean up the shop, lol? 

😉

Did snipe this pic from AP's shop yesterday,

1577006505639_IMG_20191222_091925.thumb.jpg.757d6dc0252f4e887aa3d71642da45f2.jpg

Guardians of the toolbox...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Beemer said:

@shinyribs I didn't know you were an artist. You do nice work and there's money in that (sculpturing) you know. With a proper website you could be making extra money on the side for something you enjoy doing.

No artist here, buddy. Just a broke dude who enjoys making Christmas presents instead of stressing over spending money. My wife and I started doing this a few years back and it's been a lot of fun! 

• Like 1

Artists create things from their minds. If that's not creativity then what is? If I would pay good money for that owl then I know others would, too. I'm dead serious, you could make money with your creations.

• Like 3

Beemer