The MT-07 Forum

Hi from the UK

AP996

Recently joined forum though been watching for a while, spec of my mt is

r6 throttle tube, lithium battery, cut down intake pipes with bell mouths with dual inlet foam filter, standard header pipes mated to Leovince underbody exhaust, 10mm spacers in the forks.

pictures are before removing airbox

16EB2292-A096-4326-A8AE-2303A2C54C73.jpeg

890C2D53-5B78-435F-9B74-E95A774DDFAE.jpeg

Welcome ! Really nice bike ! new pics are needed, I’m just to curios about the intake !

Just a stainless steel or titanium bolt and a spray paint may be all you need to make the oil reservoir from good to perfect! 

• Like 1

Werbenjagermanjensen

Welcome.

Also, you're missing a passenger peg delete and a tail tidy in your mod list. Don't sell yourself short! 😁

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Welcome!  Share pics of your intake when you get a chance.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Here’s some pictures of the intake, kind of a home made copy of a hordpower airbox, would of bought hords if I was in the US, but with shipping and taxes in the UK would have worked out at nearly 450 dollars! Anyway it works good, I picked up 5 hp at peak and gained 11 hp at 10500 rpm where the standard bike is all over.Runs really lean at part throttle at moment until I sort the fuelling, if anyone has a powercommander map that would suit and they don’t mind sharing let me know.

38E50B20-6227-4F9B-8AB0-F3A3ED07607C.jpeg

1012086B-857E-4360-AB17-C7F55C4D0AA2.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AP996 said:

Here’s some pictures of the intake, kind of a home made copy of a hordpower airbox, would of bought hords if I was in the US, but with shipping and taxes in the UK would have worked out at nearly 450 dollars! Anyway it works good, I picked up 5 hp at peak and gained 11 hp at 10500 rpm where the standard bike is all over.Runs really lean at part throttle at moment until I sort the fuelling, if anyone has a powercommander map that would suit and they don’t mind sharing let me know.

Nice job! Impressive 

• Like 2

Managed to get the standard airbox out without a scratch as well just in case I wanted to refit it, taking it out was awkward enough I don’t plan on putting it back.

Forgot to mention ecu is flashed with map for dna filter and lid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AP996 said:

Managed to get the standard airbox out without a scratch as well just in case I wanted to refit it, taking it out was awkward enough I don’t plan on putting it back.

Forgot to mention ecu is flashed with map for dna filter and lid.

I cut mine up to pieces to get out, didn’t have the patience. Maybe you can get a Hord map to help with that lean condition. Hopefully someone here will share with you 👍

That would be great if possible, would save me some time but if not I have the rest of the winter to sort it out, I also have a nice rear shock I want to try to fit, will need a new forked bottom mounting made, here’s some pictures of it.

C5F11B04-2810-48D5-9FE0-EFA43BCC64D4.jpeg

F870DD35-6804-4D65-8F9E-E78729F2C2BC.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, AP996 said:

Real nice intake setup.  You may want to have your bike dyno tuned instead of using the Hord map.  It's quite possible that foam filter flows better than the K&N.

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, AP996 said:

That would be great if possible, would save me some time but if not I have the rest of the winter to sort it out, I also have a nice rear shock I want to try to fit, will need a new forked bottom mounting made, here’s some pictures of it.

C5F11B04-2810-48D5-9FE0-EFA43BCC64D4.jpeg

F870DD35-6804-4D65-8F9E-E78729F2C2BC.jpeg

While requires a new or modified bell crank, are you aware of this mounting configuration?  It frees up room in the airbox area while utilizing room between the tire and frame.  It could be an issue on a street bike at stock rear ride heights, I don't know.  But a possible option anyways.

shock.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

That bell crank is exactly what I need, looks really good, did you make it?

I had a local company tell me they could make a new forked end for my shock for approx £70 - £80 then when I went to order it turned into £225, haven’t tried anyone else yet.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AP996 said:

That bell crank is exactly what I need, looks really good, did you make it?

I had a local company tell me they could make a new forked end for my shock for approx £70 - £80 then when I went to order it turned into £225, haven’t tried anyone else yet.

I did not.  I believe it's a Robem.  Not my bike.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 4 weeks later...