The MT-07 Forum

One of the Weirdest Crashes I've Ever Seen

bornagainbiker

Can't believe they didn't red flag that mess instantly when the bikes were pirouetting.   Could had a half dozen down, plus two riders doing a waltz around them to boot.

Edited by klx678
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

In the early stages, instead of looking to release the bikes from each other via the stuck throttle. Grab the clutch........ But woh would of thought of that as the were racing, adrenaline pumping. Me over here with analysis paralysis thinking I know better.

• Like 1

Wonder if it oil starved, that's why it stopped.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

16 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

Could be, the rider looked pretty pissed.

He was pretty pissed from the onset. Anything after that didn’t help. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

He was pretty pissed from the onset. Anything after that didn’t help. 

Emotions run pretty high after crash..... If you're not 100% comfortable with the possibility of being taken out by someone else, AND having your bike be a "total loss", don't leave the pits. I struggled with this when I first started doing track days (I don't race). I haven't crashed since 2012 (CRF450R supermoto) they crash really well!!!! It still makes me a little nervous tracking my $12,000 FZ-07, but not nervous enough to keep me off the track. When anyone asks me about doing track days I encourage them to try it, but then ask them what risk they're willing to accept concerning the possibility of damaging/destroying their bike. Most (but not all) of the risks can be managed during a track day. Those that choose to race, take on much more risk-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• 2 months later...
firstyammerha

I guess there's no fuel shut off like on stock street bikes. or maybe it's disabled prepping a bike for track duty.