The MT-07 Forum

Dakar'2020 NoSpoilers

fzar

• Premium Member

Did anyone watch the Dakar this year. I did, I watched it every night when the kids went to bed. I Love it.

55 minutes ago, fzar said:

Did anyone watch the Dakar this year. I did, I watched it every night when the kids went to bed. I Love it.

I used to watch it every year but none this year. What network televises it? I watched it when they did the old route. Pretty cool nonetheless 

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

What network televises it?

It was on NBCSN. It was the first year they held it in Saudi Arabia. I'm not going to give results as I said "No Spoiler" but you should look it up. Lets just say it would be worth it if you followed it before. They introduced a new rule that the participants wouldn't get the route book until the morning of the start of the stage, which in turn gave everyone a better shot at the win as the factory teams used to have a team of people who would study the route book the day before the stage using GPS, google map earth view and satellite images to get to the marker points, which gave them an obvious advantage over the lesser funded teams. Barrp, Barrp....

• Thanks 1