The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic sound wihtout DB killer and with/without CAT

Ruuben

Hey,

I just installed Akrapovic titanium exhaust for my 2019 MT-07,  removed the baffle aswell and the bloody thing is loud AF.
So the question is, if i were to install catalyc converter to my ride, will it smoothen the sound just a little bit or does it give no effect at all except the emissions? Has anyone tried it out?

PS. the sound with the baffle is too muffled, i would like something in between these two.

• Premium Member

Nope, the akra is just loud as f... learn to love it, or wear plugs lol. Honestly this exhaust with the plug is pointless.... you can’t find anything that sounds as tasty as the akra with no baffle and a proper tune. The yoshi pipe is also delicious but just as loud. 

• Like 1

'16 FZ07

Which exhaust do you have?  I believe there are 2 versions of the Akra Titanium.

I have this one here for my 2018 MT07 and found the same as you - too loud without baffle, to quiet with. 

I ended up modifying the baffle by cutting the tubes (the ones that go inside the muffler) shorter .  Now the volume is in between that of the stock baffle and no baffle - sounds great IMO.

Avoid hacking up the old baffle and just get the fz09 baffle and save yourself a lot of time. It’s a decent remedy but seems to be the best around so far. 
has anyone tried to cut the flange off the fz09 baffle yet?

• Thanks 1

Put earplugs in.  I ran earplugs with stock exhaust because of the wind noise, so when I switched to akra ti without the baffle, it wasn't that bad.

im running a cat with the akra ti. The use of the cat doesnt make much difference to the db level when u exclude the baffle, its still stupid loud. 

u can try the rc8 baffle, im currently running one of those. still loud but it doesnt seem to drone as much as no baffle. 

p.s. i wear earplugs :)

Edited by poida
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 2/2/2020 at 1:35 PM, Fugitive said:

Which exhaust do you have?  I believe there are 2 versions of the Akra Titanium.

I have this one here for my 2018 MT07 and found the same as you - too loud without baffle, to quiet with. 

I ended up modifying the baffle by cutting the tubes (the ones that go inside the muffler) shorter .  Now the volume is in between that of the stock baffle and no baffle - sounds great IMO.

I have version that you did NOT link. Its loud, stupid loud.

'16 FZ07

I don't get the whole "run without baffle but wear earplugs" thing. It's like you want the bike to be louder for everyone else, but not yourself.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, botticelli said:

I have version that you did NOT link. Its loud, stupid loud.

Haha yeah doesn't sound much different to the version I have - I zipped around the block first ride after taking the baffle out and my ears were ringing by the time I got home.  My previous bike was a Harley with straight pipes...the MT with Akra minus baffle is louder.

The exhaust i have installed is, "90798-32602-00". Im going now for the mt-09 baffle. Should recive it at the end of the month. I will this update topic with some pics when i have it installed.

Btw, thanks for the advice to try out mt-09 baffle🤘

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, Ruuben said:

Im going now for the mt-09 baffle. Should recive it at the end of the month.

Ya got a link @Ruuben to where you ordered it from?

So the db killer from carpimoto arrived crazy fast, 2 days from Italy to Estonia. Anyways the akrapovic mt-09 db killer works absolutley perfect. The "loudness of the sound" is just right and the rumble stays pretty much the same. I can easly drive it now without having to worry about losing my hearing :D. The installation was rather simple and straight forward. Here are some pics. 

Uncut size comparision of the db killers.

20200207_110121.jpg

This is pic of the db killer inside of the muffler. Notice how the the tubes are not connected to the original connection spot. There is ca. 1,5 cm gap between the db killer tubes and muffler tubes. 

20200207_112002.jpg

Nice write-up on that whole thing. I'm sure it will help explain a lot to others on it. The tips came out looking good!

Hey guys, i'm about to give this a try but noticed on the other thread that the guy have cut the inner tubes with the flange on the mt-09 baffle. But on this thread you guys have not done any cut to the baffle. Could you guys tell me which method is correct? Also anyone that got the rc8 baffle knows the akrapovic part number? Are there any pictures of the rc8 baffle? Thanks

edit: found the schematic of the exhaust and the part number. I think i like it more than the fz-09 style baffle. Anyone that have fitted this and could say his impressions?

3232.png

edit 2:

ktm_69005283020.jpg

ktm_69005283020_1.jpg

Edited by Mimo750