The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic sound wihtout DB killer and with/without CAT

Ruuben

Oh right on, that’s for the actual part. Thanks!

Partno.: 69005283020

Edited by RobZilla
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 9:27 PM, RobZilla said:

Avoid hacking up the old baffle and just get the fz09 baffle and save yourself a lot of time. It’s a decent remedy but seems to be the best around so far. 
has anyone tried to cut the flange off the fz09 baffle yet?

What do you mean by the flange? 
like this?

156A2DFA-8916-4B6C-A63A-91D78169BD19.jpeg

Yea, apparently we should be keeping the flange on and just cutting back to it. I’m really curious how that sounds

Why should we keep the flange? Only the original thread sparrow did cut the flange. And my sound clip on his thread is with the flange cutted

10 hours ago, FzOnSteroids said:

Why should we keep the flange? Only the original thread sparrow did cut the flange. And my sound clip on his thread is with the flange cutted

the original thread said to keep it with an elaborate reason why...

2 hours ago, Mimo750 said:

Got the ktm db killer. Curious if i need to weld a flange just like the fz-09 baffle. Decisions decisions.

Could you post a video of the sound with the ktm baffle? And how loud is it compared to baffle out?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FzOnSteroids said:

Could you post a video of the sound with the ktm baffle? And how loud is it compared to baffle out?

yeah i will try but on weekend, i don't have time to swap the baffles until saturday.

Sorry but i had no luck removing the baffle out. It was impossible, i could not believe it. I removed it by hand when i first got the exhaust before attaching it to the bike but now i can't do it on the bike..! what a bummer!

Yea it can be a major PITA to remove sometimes, have to remove the exhaust from the bike. Thankfully it comes off easy it’s only 6 bolts/screws holding it on and you only have to remove 4 that hold the foot pegs on.

If anyone could record a flyby of the 09's db-killer, would be great! A close-up recording doesn't really give a realistic sound of how it behaves when actually riding..

Ok it sounds crazy loud without the db killer, it's a massive head turner on the road haha! It was fun to ride without it but also bothering after a long ride. The ktm baffle i think is the golden middle, it fits fine on the exhaust just it protrudes 2-3 mm but it's not a problem imo. It deffinitelly turns down the db's but it's louder than the stock db killer. I will try to post a video later.

Edited by Mimo750
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mimo750 said:

Here is a small audio on my way from work to home recorded on phone in my backpack. It sounds pretty deep and bassy on the computer.  

lxbu0.jpg?token=C3Gkoiozeq1PbT07cuWn0Q&e

Check out this video on Streamable using your phone, tablet or desktop.
audio.png

Visit this link to play the audio

Thanks for posting this ! Have you also tried the 09's db-killer ? If so, how does it compare to the RC8's ? I'm currently torn between the two.

1 minute ago, rylark said:

Thanks for posting this ! Have you also tried the 09's db-killer ? If so, how does it compare to the RC8's ? I'm currently torn between the two.

No, i was also torn between the two but decided to get the rc8 one because it looked better to me.

1 minute ago, Mimo750 said:

No, i was also torn between the two but decided to get the rc8 one because it looked better to me.

Aaahh, damn. The 07's modded db-killer has a much different tone, way less bassy/deep. The RC8's db-killer is definitely interesting.. seems to keep the deep growl way better.

1 minute ago, rylark said:

Aaahh, damn. The 07's modded db-killer has a much different tone, way less bassy/deep. The RC8's db-killer is definitely interesting.. seems to keep the deep growl way better.

Yeah indeed! And it isn't that much loud as without a db killer in. It's somewhere in the middle i would say. I'm totally happy getting the rc8 db killer. 

10 minutes ago, Mimo750 said:

Yeah indeed! And it isn't that much loud as without a db killer in. It's somewhere in the middle i would say. I'm totally happy getting the rc8 db killer. 

Where did you buy it though ? I can't seem to find it anywhere, at least not in Europe. 

2 minutes ago, rylark said:

Nice ! Thanks for the link man.

With shipping, it's only 10€ cheaper than the 09's.. I'll need to see a video of someone riding with the 09's db-killer installed for a fair comparison !

No problem man. Have a good purchase!

Edited by Mimo750

• 1 month later...
topazsparrow

Just put in an order for the RC8 baffle as well. Local Yamaha / KTM dealer bringing it in for 59.99 CAD + tax. it was 20 - 30 bucks cheaper for me than the Akra Ti baffle for the 09.

It'll be nice to compare the two.

Edited by topazsparrow