The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic sound wihtout DB killer and with/without CAT

Ruuben

topazsparrow

Just an update here..

I have to make a video still, but the RC8 baffle sounds great. Very much like the 09 tip, perhaps a touch lower tone in lower RPM's but still a volume up top too.

RC8 doesnt require cutting, so I'd def do it again if I lose this one.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 3:58 PM, topazsparrow said:

Just an update here..

I have to make a video still, but the RC8 baffle sounds great. Very much like the 09 tip, perhaps a touch lower tone in lower RPM's but still a volume up top too.

I'm interested in hearing your video when you have the time.

Instagram: @jayparrington 

topazsparrow
On 6/14/2020 at 7:35 AM, JayMT07 said:

I'm interested in hearing your video when you have the time.

I have not forgotten, it's just been an exceptionally rainy and cold May/June and I haven't had time to fiddle around with swapping the tips.

I'll try and do it today when my buddy comes over.

• Like 1

Is everyone's best advice for removing the original baffle still to whack it with a dowel from the inside? I had no luck, the wood started splintering in the exhaust before it started to move,  maybe I just need harder wood haha. (jokes welcome)

7 hours ago, Tjern said:

Is everyone's best advice for removing the original baffle still to whack it with a dowel from the inside? I had no luck, the wood started splintering in the exhaust before it started to move,  maybe I just need harder wood haha. (jokes welcome)

I used a old dish towel, pair of vice grips, rubber mallet, and WD40. Spray the sides of the baffle then after a minute take the dish towel and put the corner one of the baffle tubes the attach vice grips on edge of tube. Then whack it a few times and it should slowly come out with no damage.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tjern said:

@Devilman

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Just to remind you, it will be loud! Sounds mean but could get annoying after a long drive. I ordered a RC8 baffle, it's between the baffle sound and un-baffled sound. I could not get the original baffle in, the tubes did not want to mate up. I cracked a weld in the baffle. What a PITA. But without the baffle it sounds mean. LOL

On 5/25/2020 at 3:58 PM, topazsparrow said:

Just an update here..

Does the screw that holds the baffle in work or did you have to find one? I have the baffle on order now.

topazsparrow
18 hours ago, Devilman said:

Does the screw that holds the baffle in work or did you have to find one? I have the baffle on order now.

I'm not sure, I lost mine ages ago.

It's the same thread pitch though so it should work if length isn't a determining factor.

• 1 year later...

Hello guys.

Excuse me if i may, could be helpfull for someone.

If you plan to use the 09 baffle on the MT07 akrapovic titanium (EURO 4 carbon tip) -> You should order the 09 baffle V-TUV-203 (EURO4 carbon tip)

If you use the V-TUV-142 (EURO 3) the outer tubes will be way longer and you will have to cut them like @Ruuben did.

244800290_610466770366243_3158523454704641627_n.jpg

On 10/20/2021 at 7:34 PM, John1 said:

Hello guys.

If you plan to use the 09 baffle on the MT07 akrapovic titanium (EURO 4 carbon tip) -> You should order the 09 baffle V-TUV-203 (EURO4 carbon tip)

If you use the V-TUV-142 (EURO 3) the outer tubes will be way longer and you will have to cut them like @Ruuben did.

Thanks for the info, just got my EURO4 Akra Ti and i'll either get the MT-09 or RC8 killer. Do you have a soundclip with it installed? I would really love to hear it

Just now, rickchardet said:

Thanks for the info, just got my EURO4 Akra Ti and i'll either get the MT-09 or RC8 killer. Do you have a soundclip with it installed? I would really love to hear it

I have indeed.
On videos you dont actually have a 100% glance of how it sounds.
But being without baffle a 10, and with the original DB killer being a 1, with this 09 baffle its around a 4-5.

Not too loud, not too shy.
However after listening to what it sounds without DB killer i think i could use some more sound to it, so im thinking in other ideas.

But for now ill run like this for a while. Does not bother me on longer trips, at night, at morning, and even passing by police.. perfect i'd say.
Here it goes: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, John1 said:

I have indeed.
On videos you dont actually have a 100% glance of how it sounds.
But being without baffle a 10, and with the original DB killer being a 1, with this 09 baffle its around a 4-5.

Not too loud, not too shy.
However after listening to what it sounds without DB killer i think i could use some more sound to it, so im thinking in other ideas.

But for now ill run like this for a while. Does not bother me on longer trips, at night, at morning, and even passing by police.. perfect i'd say.
Here it goes: 

Awesome, thanks! Sounds good :)

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2021 at 7:34 PM, John1 said:

Hello guys.

Just got my vtuv-203 mt09 db killer in, did you have to drill a hole to mount it yourself? Mine came without any

Just got my vtuv-203 mt09 db killer in, did you have to drill a hole to mount it yourself? Mine came without any

Hello mate.

Did it fit alright? Nothing sticks out?

Okay so you have to drill a hole on it.

I suggest you use the same location you used to break the weld on the original 07 db killer and use a nut on it

If you need some pictures.

20211013_185825.jpg

4 hours ago, John1 said:

Hello mate.

Did it fit alright? Nothing sticks out?

Okay so you have to drill a hole on it.

I suggest you use the same location you used to break the weld on the original 07 db killer and use a nut on it

If you need some pictures.

20211013_185825.jpg

Still trying to get the old one out... Any tips? I've been literally hammering it from the inside and pulling on the outside for 2 hours and it hasn't moved one millimeter...

Still trying to get the old one out... Any tips? I've been literally hammering it from the inside and pulling on the outside for 2 hours and it hasn't moved one millimeter...

First, make really sure you drilled on that spot and broke the weld.
I have used a 6mm but it seems you need a 8mm because the 6mm (on my case) didnt break the full weld, i have spent 2 days trying to hammer it and then i found that it was still welded in some spots.
So make sure you really broke the weld.

Then keep spraying WD-40 on the inside around the DBkiller.
You can try and use a pressure plier on the tips gently hit with a rubber mallet on the "out" direction towards you

Just now, John1 said:

First, make really sure you drilled on that spot and broke the weld.
I have used a 6mm but it seems you need a 8mm because the 6mm (on my case) didnt break the full weld, i have spent 2 days trying to hammer it and then i found that it was still welded in some spots.
So make sure you really broke the weld.

Then keep spraying WD-40 on the inside around the DBkiller.
You can try and use a pressure plier on the tips gently hit with a rubber mallet on the "out" direction towards you

I bought the akra second hand and the previous owner has removed and modified the baffle, so the weld has definitely been broken. I've been spraying WD-40 on the inside and pulling like you said, but it sadly hasn't moved :(

I bought the akra second hand and the previous owner has removed and modified the baffle, so the weld has definitely been broken. I've been spraying WD-40 on the inside and pulling like you said, but it sadly hasn't moved :(

Okay in that case the weld is broken.

I had my second hand too with original baffle, so it had a lot of black gum due to exhausts gases and it was a little stuck.

How is the baffle in place? If he removed the weld and got it back in he needed to hold it in place somehow?
Have you used the pliers on the tip? use a cloth between:

Dont know if you got the idea about the pliers + rubber hammer?

Just now, John1 said:

Okay in that case the weld is broken.

I had my second hand too with original baffle, so it had a lot of black gum due to exhausts gases and it was a little stuck.

How is the baffle in place? If he removed the weld and got it back in he needed to hold it in place somehow?
Have you used the pliers on the tip? use a cloth between:

Dont know if you got the idea about the pliers + rubber hammer?

He used a nut and bolt to keep it in place, which i have removed. I think it's just really stuck because of the gasses and expansion like you said. I have tried grip pliers and a hammer but still nothing :( 

He used a nut and bolt to keep it in place, which i have removed. I think it's just really stuck because of the gasses and expansion like you said. I have tried grip pliers and a hammer but still nothing :( 

Well thats the "cheap" solution.. keep hitting towards you with the mallet on the pliers and it will come off.

You can use a bearing puller kit too and wont damage the db killer but not everyone has that laying around

Just now, John1 said:

Well thats the "cheap" solution.. keep hitting towards you with the mallet on the pliers and it will come off.

You can use a bearing puller kit too and wont damage the db killer but not everyone has that laying around

Yeah i just saw a video where someone user a bearing puller kit, might have to get one if it won't budge this way. 

nozeitgeist1800

out of curiosity, have you tried using a heat gun or hair drier to heat up the outside? idk if it would have any effect, but it might help to expand the outer layer without affecting the inner too much.

again, no clue if it would be helpful at all, but it's a cheap and quick fix to try. maybe not immediately after spraying wd40, though.

oops, nevermind. just saw your other thread. well done

Edited by nozeitgeist1800

On 11/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, rickchardet said:

Yeah i just saw a video where someone user a bearing puller kit, might have to get one if it won't budge this way. 

Seems like you got it out by now, but for future reference/anyone else coming along and reading this thread: I used a blind bearing puller because mine was pretty suck in there and I didn't want to damage it yanking on it with pliers. Popped right out after I got the bearing puller on there, no damage whatsoever and it was about 30 seconds of effort.