The MT-07 Forum

MT-07 in Aberdeen, Scotland

Gmar004

Hi all,

I own a 2017 MT-07 ABS and I am here to learn more about mods, repairs and parts. I recently had a little 'slip and slide' on Stacey (that's the bikes name cause she's a sassy girl) and I am now on the lookout for tips on how to obtain and replace 'cosmetic' parts which have been damaged in this incident. 

I look forward to hearing from you all and potentially meeting up with other Mt-07 rides on my side of the pond.

IMG_3934.jpg

Edited by Gmar004

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, 1tondriver said:

Welcome and post up some pics so people will be able to help better. 

What he said^^^.

1 hour ago, Gmar004 said:

Hi all,

I own a 2017 MT-07 ABS and I am here to learn more about mods, repairs and parts. I recently had a little 'slip and slide' on Stacey (that's the bikes name cause she's a sassy girl) and I am now on the lookout for tips on how to obtain and replace 'cosmetic' parts which have been damaged in this incident. 

I look forward to hearing from you all and potentially meeting up with other Mt-07 rides on my side of the pond.

IMG_3934.jpg

Unless I am missing something the bike looks pretty pristine in that pic 👍

What parts are you looking to replace?

I need to get hold of the part on the side of the fuel tank (with the logo on it), which I think is called an Air Scoop. It doesn't show very well in the picture, but it's all scruffed very close to the logo. I also need the end of the handlebar (although I was thinking of just getting handlebar sliders off ebay to replace the usual metal tips).

13 minutes ago, Gmar004 said:

I need to get hold of the part on the side of the fuel tank (with the logo on it), which I think is called an Air Scoop. It doesn't show very well in the picture, but it's all scruffed very close to the logo. I also need the end of the handlebar (although I was thinking of just getting handlebar sliders off ebay to replace the usual metal tips).

Well they are pretty cheap here in the states for the air scoops. Here are the us part numbers. I would also just pick up some weighted bar end sliders like you said. 

00F30C90-6CCD-4F21-A6CC-7202AD7489A9.png

033C1CE0-045F-4D93-804E-2DF9C0E8F9FD.png

1 hour ago, 1tondriver said:

Well they are pretty cheap here in the states for the air scoops. Here are the us part numbers. I would also just pick up some weighted bar end sliders like you said. 

00F30C90-6CCD-4F21-A6CC-7202AD7489A9.png

033C1CE0-045F-4D93-804E-2DF9C0E8F9FD.png

That is CRAZY cheap. I looked online and here in the UK they cost approx £65 (which is almost $60!)

I wonder if I can have them shipped over... 

It’s worth checking with them. Also try partzilla as I have hade excellent service from the and are family owned. Good luck and welcome again!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gmar004 said:

That is CRAZY cheap. I looked online and here in the UK they cost approx £65 (which is almost $60!)

I wonder if I can have them shipped over... 

If you import parts from the states don’t forget you’ll probably get hit for import duty and the VAT tax, with shipping charges tends to spoil those lovely cheap prices.

Welcome, and enjoy your bike. I use walking stick ferrules on my bar ends (cheap as chips)

Edited by robbo10

Just do it!