The MT-07 Forum

MT-07 from Singapore!

mtb2104

Had the bike since Dec 2019.

Had been Yamaha fan since a long time ago... had a WR250X long before... then a MT09... then a SR400.. and a few Ducati/Honda/KTM in between

Added an Akra + booster plug, and that was it

One of the best commuter I have had so far.

Greetings! 😄

mt07.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Welcome! 😃

What took you so long to get here? 😆

Glad to have a new member to the FZ/MT-07 family. 👍

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "booster plug"? 

We need newer pictures too. That one shows it still with factory exhaust.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Thanks guys for the welcome!

Ya I need to take a more updated photo, but the weather hasn't been kind.

Booster plug in short is to trick the ECU by telling it that the air temp is much cooler than real life, and hence ECU will give more juice to compensate the already-lean factory setup.

I am by no means an expert in tuning, but my butt dyno tells me that it resolves that power lost when swapping to Akra from stock... more accurately, it smoothens that rev range somehow, without going for the full treatment of going ECU tune.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 6:19 AM, mtb2104 said:

Thanks guys for the welcome!

Ya I need to take a more updated photo, but the weather hasn't been kind.

Booster plug in short is to trick the ECU by telling it that the air temp is much cooler than real life, and hence ECU will give more juice to compensate the already-lean factory setup.

I am by no means an expert in tuning, but my butt dyno tells me that it resolves that power lost when swapping to Akra from stock... more accurately, it smoothens that rev range somehow, without going for the full treatment of going ECU tune.

That's about all my Dobeck EJK does for the most part, just give it more juice to compensate for my Akra CF pipe but it's measured and works well. Welcome aboard matie and congrats on the new bike. those wheels sure are attention getters. are calling them red or orange? To me they look like red w/an orange tint. Stay frosty/be safe.

Beemer

11 hours ago, Beemer said:

That's about all my Dobeck EJK does for the most part, just give it more juice to compensate for my Akra CF pipe but it's measured and works well. Welcome aboard matie and congrats on the new bike. those wheels sure are attention getters. are calling them red or orange? To me they look like red w/an orange tint. Stay frosty/be safe.

It's more "neo-orange" to my eyes... KTM orange with more pink 😝

Measured tune will be a luxurious but more enjoyable thing to have, but so far I am fine with that little plug. 😬

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Welcome to the board. How's the riding in Singapore? Or more the riding scene to be more precises. Many MT-07's ?

19 minutes ago, fzar said:

Welcome to the board. How's the riding in Singapore? Or more the riding scene to be more precises. Many MT-07's ?

Thank you! 😄

Bigger (1000 +- cc) and smaller (<400cc) bikes are actually more popular here. Bigger motors get to travel up north to Thailand, and smaller ones are mainly for transport around the city.

Middle-weight rides are very sparse on the road. So far I have not seen another MT-07, yet. But the fact is that it looks so similar to a MT-03 that I might have missed them on the road.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, mtb2104 said:

smaller (<400cc) bikes are actually more popular here.

Thats what I would have assumed, I'm in Arkansas and I have yoe to see a FZ/MT-07 in over 3 years.