The MT-07 Forum

Signal Fuse keeps blowing

Mesiona

So while I was riding yesterday, my taillight, license plate light, and my horn stopped working, but my headlight and signal still worked. When I got home, I checked the fuse box and the signal fuse (10A) blew, so I replaced it twice, but it kept blowing. I checked the wires and nothing seems so be out of place. No wires were touching each other. I don't know what's causing it, any ideas?

Just now, Mesiona said:

So while I was riding yesterday, my taillight, license plate light, and my horn stopped working, but my headlight and signal still worked. When I got home, I checked the fuse box and the signal fuse (10A) blew, so I replaced it twice, but it kept blowing. I checked the wires and nothing seems so be out of place. No wires were touching each other. I don't know what's causing it, any ideas?

Yep.

There's a short there someplace. Look closer. Did you put a tail tidy on? LED's? Any other electrical stuff? High powered horn? 

Direct short somewhere.

• Like 2

I can tell you which parts are connected to the signal fuse. Some of them you already know :D:

• Horn switch
  • License plate light
  • Tail / Brake light
  • Aux. light
  • Rear brake light switch
  • Front brake light switch
  • ABS ECU (yellow wire coming from brake light switches via Joint Coupler. Where the f. is this big plug? )

Maybe have a look at the brake switches too. No damaged isolation or other wire to frame connection at this area!

Edited by ElGonzales
deleted the horn.
  • Like 1