The MT-07 Forum

OEM tire age

firstyammerha

firstyammerha

My 2016 FZ07 came with Bridgestones dated 2012. Has anyone had similar fitments? If you replaced your OEM tires with another brand, what did the new tires manufacturing date look like?

• Global Moderator

@firstyammerha, I just looked at my Road 5’s and there is a number that ends /2012 on them (I am not sure what this refers to, but it is not the manufacture date).  My tires were made in 2017 and I bought them in April 2018.  The date code is four digits, the first two being the week of the year and the last two the year (2317 would mean the 23rd week of 2017).

• 2 weeks later...
firstyammerha

@mjh937, silly of me to think that Yamaha would put a four year old tire on a bike with JIT standard procedure in manufacturing today. I do see a letter number combination on the sprocket side of the tire that reads DEA2916 so maybe that means the 29th week of 2016 or around July 2016. My steering head data plate shows a manufacturing date of September 2016. I bought the bike in November 2016 so it didn't sit around anywhere for any length of time. I wonder what the 2012 means? Especially since it's on two different brand of tires. Gotta guess?