The MT-07 Forum

Is my fitment off for my frame slider?

bullwhip66

bullwhip66

Sorry if I’m in the wrong section, but wouldn’t call this a “problem” per say. 

I just bought Womet Tech frame sliders from TST. Upon install, I was surprised there was a gap between the puck and the frame itself of about a quarter inch. The silver piece which slides into the frame hits the black backing where the engine mount comes in and doesn’t push in any farther. I have fully torqued the bolt to 55 ft lbs, dry. Does anyone else’s frame sliders stick out like this, or should I be contacting TST/Womet-Tech?

E6A388B3-4CF5-4A0E-99C4-D832ABD59CDB.jpeg

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, bullwhip66 said:

Sorry if I’m in the wrong section, but wouldn’t call this a “problem” per say. 

I just bought Womet Tech frame sliders from TST. Upon install, I was surprised there was a gap between the puck and the frame itself of about a quarter inch. The silver piece which slides into the frame hits the black backing where the engine mount comes in and doesn’t push in any farther. I have fully torqued the bolt to 55 ft lbs, dry. Does anyone else’s frame sliders stick out like this, or should I be contacting TST/Womet-Tech?

E6A388B3-4CF5-4A0E-99C4-D832ABD59CDB.jpeg

Here is a picture from their website, looks like they stick out. You installed correctly.

Ed23714FE9-44C1-4CCD-8F54-0B163C1AE2D8.thumb.jpeg.2d7789a346344e0dfb05c15cf365b170.jpeg

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good"