The MT-07 Forum

Where to find dark blue for color change?

Andrewwwh

Andrewwwh

Hi All,

I dont know if im just an idiot but I cannot find for the life of me  any parts online that come in the dark blue so i can change my bike from the horrible ugly light blue version. 

Any links would be greatly appreciated!

• Premium Member

what country are you in?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Im in Canada, would be willing to pay shipping cost from europe since I know that migh be the only place to buy that colour blue from.  Assuming somewhere in north america doesnt stock some european oem stock

• Global Moderator

@Andrewwwh, this thread is a bit out of date but it has a blue color option shown.  Without the paint code unfortunately. 

topazsparrow

its worth mentioning that its REALLY easy to take the plastic off and have them painted.

I vinyl wrapped mine in a few hours and it lasted about a year before I decided I liked the color enough to just paint it.

Paint or wrap will cost about 150-300 bucks CAD at a shop. The plastics cost that much without shipping or taxes/duties.

Food for thought.

Hey Andrewwwh:

Sounds like you have the 2017 FZ07 in Glacier Blue. ("Glacier Blue" is the name that was made up by Yamaha's marketing department. The actual paint color is ColorRite code PBMJ, a.k.a. Pale Blue Metallic.)

I have the same bike. At one point I, too, considered swapping plastics for a different color. I'm in the USA and discovered the cost isn't all that high to buy OEM plastics in a different color. You only need 5 parts: the left and right tank covers, the middle cover for the tank, and the left and right portions of the front fender.

If I wanted to swap to another FZ-07 color that was sold in the USA or Canada – like matte silver – I could buy new OEM parts from PartShark.com for (in US dollars):

$54.56 - Matte Silver left tank cover (USA part # 1WS-24129-00-P6)
$58.27 - Matte Silver right tank cover (USA part # 1WS-24139-00-P6)
$29.30 - Matte Silver middle tank cover (USA part # 1WS-2171A-00-P6)
$24.85 - Matte Silver left front fender (USA part # 1WS-21513-00-P5)
$24.85 - Matte Silver right front fender (USA part # 1WS-21514-00-P5)

$191.83 TOTAL

Here's where I'm getting those prices:

Shop online for OEM Fuel Tank 2 parts that fit your 2017 Yamaha FZ07 (FZ07HCL), search all our OEM Parts or call at 877-999-5686

That amount seems pretty reasonable to me, especially considering just one of the 6 front fairing pieces on my ZX-10R costs about that much.

BTW, OEM FZ tank covers are sold without the FZ-07 decals but PartShark sells them for $17.99 each (part #'s 2RC-217F1-20-00 & 2RC-217F2-20-00). Or you can go without decals. I personally think the bike looks better without them, which is why I peeled mine off.

Also, the PartShark site quoted me $58 flat to ship those 5 items to Calgary. (I don't know where you live so I randomly picked Calgary.) I have no idea what Canadian Customs would charge you.

Anyhow... The big problem you face in terms of color is that, to the best of my knowledge, Yamaha never sold a dark blue FZ07 in the USA or Canada. However, they did sell a dark blue MT07 in Europe. In 2017. Here's a photo of the EU bike:

Yamaha-700-MT-07-2017-700px.jpg

You could get the plastic parts you want from a European site like:

www.motorcyclespareparts.eu

Unlike the US-parts websites, the EU site above doesn't show any discounts, but they do sell the parts and ship internationally.

The blue 2017 EU bike's ColorRite color was Deep Purplish Blue Metallic, so you'd go to the following page and select the parts that have ColorRite code DPBMC in the description:

CE_39981_1.JPG

Yamaha MT-07 ABS 2017 FUEL TANK 2 - order parts in just a few clicks from Europe’s number 1 genuine spare parts online retailer

And here's the ColorRite page with a swatch so you can verify the color:

https://www.colorrite.com/product/yamaha-0564-deep-purplish-blue-metallic-c-dpbmc-1905.cfm

Unlike your Glacier Blue FZ which has a light blue front fender, the blue European MT07 had an all-black front fender, so no need to buy the fender from Europe. You could save a few bucks by buying fender bits in Canada or from PartShark instead.

You could buy fender parts for the Black 2016 USA/Canada model or a better option might be to get the fender from the Matte Silver 2016 USA/Canada FZ07. The fender color from that bike matches the European version's tank covers.

Here's a photo of the stock 2016 Matte Silver USA/Canada bike showing the front fender (and wheels and frame) in Deep Blue:

060415-2016-Yamaha-FZ-07-1-633x389.jpg

So, here's what you'd need to transform your bike into a Dark Blue FZ07:

… FROM MOTORCYCLESPAREPARTS.EU ...
$91.48 - Deep Blue left tank cover (EU part # 1WS2412900PC)
$91.48 - Deep Blue right tank cover (EU part # 1WS2413900PC)
$47.51 - Deep Blue middle tank cover (EU part # 1WS2171A00P)
… AND FROM PARTSHARK.COM ...
$25.55 - Deep Blue left front fender (USA part # 1WS-21513-00-P7)
$23.91 - Deep Blue right front fender (USA part # 1WS-21514-00-P7)

$279.93 TOTAL

The MotorcycleSpareParts site quoted me $44.93 for shipping from Europe to Canada for the 3 tank covers. And PartShark quoted $46.35 for the 2 fender parts from USA to Calgary.

A natural question to ask is: Will the EU parts fit a Canadian bike? I have never tried to put EU OEM parts on my US/Canada FZ07, but the part numbers all match – except for the last two digits which represent the color code – so my assumption is the aforementioned parts are interchangeable for any FZ07/MT07 up to and including 2017. They won't fit any 2018 or later models.

Lastly, one question for you, @Andrewwwh:  

Are you sure your bike has ABS? I was under the impression ABS was only available on the red FZ07 in the USA & Canada in 2017.

Edited by D.A.
  • Thanks 1

By the way, although my previous post may sound like an ad for Part Shark .com, I have no affiliation with them. I've simply purchased a lot of OEM parts from them. Before buying anything I cross-check prices at a variety of online parts dealers and Part Shark is almost always the cheapest option. I've also been very happy with their service. The only disadvantage to using them is they don't offer free shipping, so once in a while I buy from Ron Ayers .com or another dealer that does – as long as I'm buying enough to reach the free shipping threshold and the free shipping saves me enough to offset the higher cost of the parts themselves.

I imagine we've all had to play this game!

• 3 weeks later...

The new 2020 is available in dark blue so you may be able to get parts from that once available...