The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar Suggestions

Joker61

I am looking for suggestions on replacement handlebars. I would like to achieve a more upright riding position. I love the bike but am older and have some back issues which the lean forward does not help. Appreciate your suggestions in advance. 

Edited by Joker61
Mis spell

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I'd suggest you look at the Renthal website. It's not the easiest to navigate, but look at the 7/8" road bars... They have a chart that spells out all the dimensions very well. I have the "Ultra-lows", which put you slightly forward (which it sounds like you don't want)... Maybe look at the low/mid-height versions of the road bars. Most the Renthals, are slightly wider than the OEM bars. I would caution you though, if you deviate too much from the OEM bars, you may run into control cable issues. By that I mean the OEM throttle/clutch cables being too short. The front brake line may come up a little short as well? You can always order custom length cables/lines. Hope that helps you out-

• Like 2

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• 1 year later...
anaximandros4

Greetings, it's my first post 😀

I have an 2014 MT-07 and I live in Greece 

Did we have any progress with that ? 

I too find myself a bit cramped by the riding position of the MT-07 and I notice the 2021 update from Yamaha with a new handlebar , closer to the rider and wider. Ofcourse, it's a bit pricey for an oem part so I was looking for a more accesible one.

I am not 100% sure though  , maybe it's the saddle for me ,  a bit too low ?  (I'm 1.77m or 5.8 ft if I calculated it correctly) 

This is what I used.         Pro Taper 7/8" To 1 1/8" Universal Handlebar Conversion Kit

Pro Taper 7/8" To 1 1/8" Universal Handlebar Conversion Kit | 10% ($4.00) Off! - RevZilla

With the Pro Taper Evo Adventure Handlebars 1-1/8"

Big difference from stock

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/9/2021 at 10:14 AM, scat2me said:

This is what I used.         Pro Taper 7/8" To 1 1/8" Universal Handlebar Conversion Kit

Pro Taper 7/8" To 1 1/8" Universal Handlebar Conversion Kit | 10% ($4.00) Off! - RevZilla

With the Pro Taper Evo Adventure Handlebars 1-1/8"

Big difference from stock

Did you need to change any cables or were the stock ones longs enough?

It's more fun naked!!

• Global Moderator
On 5/16/2020 at 10:08 PM, Joker61 said:

I am looking for suggestions on replacement handlebars. I would like to achieve a more upright riding position. I love the bike but am older and have some back issues which the lean forward does not help. Appreciate your suggestions in advance. 

Before you buy, adjust the stock bars, loosen the caps that hold them and rotate those bars back.

I have broken bones in back, and I got this advice from @klx678 . I never had to buy bars

• Like 1

If you do risers, APE Racing makes a set that will work for fat 1-1/8" bars over a range using multiple  blocks of various sizes.  I think they also make them for 7/8, but not sure.   click here for the Amazon link

61zZxYibR6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Nice product and not really too bad a price for it to have that kind of adjustment.  

• Like 1