The MT-07 Forum

Side cases with a tail tidy

rowanh

I was looking at getting the Givi mount for a top box and side mounts but it seems it will not fit with a tail tidy, I emailed Givi who gave me a very poor response of basically look at the instructions and figure it out myself. 

I am just wondering if anyone has installed a rack for hard side cases with a tail tidy on the bike? 

The Shad cases with 3P mount look ideal but its hard to tell if they will go on ok.. There is very limited photos available of them on an fz/mt07.. 

Any thoughts appreciated.. 

Rowan

• Premium Member

I could not use my Evotech tail tidy with my Hepco Becker side cases. It interfered  rear cross bar of side case rack.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, rowanh said:

I was looking at getting the Givi mount for a top box and side mounts but it seems it will not fit with a tail tidy, I emailed Givi who gave me a very poor response of basically look at the instructions and figure it out myself. 

I am just wondering if anyone has installed a rack for hard side cases with a tail tidy on the bike? 

The Shad cases with 3P mount look ideal but its hard to tell if they will go on ok.. There is very limited photos available of them on an fz/mt07.. 

Any thoughts appreciated.. 

Rowan

The SHAD 3P mounting system went on just fine on my 2017 with a Yoshi tail  tidy since it doesn't use the fender in any way. only the existing frame holes.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

25 minutes ago, DewMan said:

The SHAD 3P mounting system went on just fine on my 2017 with a Yoshi tail tidy since it doesn't use the fender in any way. only the existing frame holes.

Sound, thanks, that's good to hear, if you had a photo of the back of the bike with the cases on I would like to see it. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, rowanh said:

Sound, thanks, that's good to hear, if you had a photo of the back of the bike with the cases on I would like to see it. 

This a photo of the large cases that will hold an XL helmet.  This rear photo makes them look larger than they look on the bike.
Rear.thumb.jpg.f1605223a09d06cf16d815c6d1acef2f.jpgside_exhaust.thumb.jpg.655759104a1bbcca422565fe4dfdd6fe.jpg

and a link to another thread with a couple more photos:

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Brilliant, thanks for that, I have been going mad trying to figure this out. I think I will get them, mad that the cheapest place you got them was Amazon UK.. Its actually the cheapest place I have seen in Europe so thanks for that too :)