The MT-07 Forum

Howdy!

clinical

Hi All,

I finally decided to sign-up after being  a long time lurker here!   I've been riding for 2 years now, with my '15 FZ-07 being my first and only bike (so far...).  I mostly use the bike as a commuter, but do group rides every so often with friends and coworkers who also ride (we sometimes do rides during our lunch break 😎).   It's actually an interesting group, everyone is into different bikes, KTM thumpers, cruisers and some sport bikes.

My Bike:  I bought it used with about 3,500 miles, in great shape; now it's up to 11,000.   It came with some tasteful mods and I've added a few more.  Here are the major ones:

• 2WDW Tune
  • Yoshimura R77 Exhaust (w/ baffle)
  • Core Moto SS brake lines F&R
  • Bridgestone S22 tires F&R
  • ProTaper Bars 
  • Snorkel Removed
  • R3 Left switch pod swap
  • A bunch of cosmetic stuff (previous owner, don't have many details)

20200520-2.thumb.jpg.47601feb08b375e9fddaa88dc2c167da.jpg20200520-1.thumb.jpg.fe9c4b468e0ea561189503cd94deb91b.jpg

Next on up will be some suspension work and heated grips before the winter.

Edited by clinical
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forum. 

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Welcome! I like the look of that bellypan, I may have to track that one down.

• Like 1

@Ludedude thanks man, if you have trouble tracking it down let me know I can see if there's any manufacturer markings on it.

• Global Moderator
29 minutes ago, ludedude said:

Welcome! I like the look of that bellypan, I may have to track that one down.

It looks like an Ermax belly pan.  I found a link to it below.  I have not used these guys so I can neither recommend or complain about them, I just copied the link for the photo.  If memory serves they used to be a supporting vendor, but I am not 100% sure of that.

ermax-belly-pan-yamaha-fz-07_1_1.jpg

Belly Pans from Ermax offer a stylish option for your bike. They are designed to custom fit each bike where the manufacturer left off. Belly Pans will leave the bike with a finished look as if they were there all along. Available in...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forum:

On 5/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, clinical said:

Next on up will be some suspension work and heated grips before the winter.

Where are you that winter is closing in? Southern hemisphere, somewhere?

Oh winter's not closing in (I'm in the U.S.), it's just on my to do list.  I'll probably knock it out this summer.

I have an Ermax belly pan and it isn't an actual belly pan that will catch oil, it's more a faux belly pan, mostly for looks and if you don't mind it being in the way when you do oil changes then it's worth having one, maybe. I had trouble with the hardware on mine also and wasn't 100% pleased with the design and it's strength so I eventually removed mine. Been happier without it.

Beemer

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Beemer said:

I have an Ermax belly pan and it isn't an actual belly pan that will catch oil, it's more a faux belly pan, mostly for looks and if you don't mind it being in the way when you do oil changes then it's worth having one, maybe. I had trouble with the hardware on mine also and wasn't 100% pleased with the design and it's strength so I eventually removed mine. Been happier without it.

Yep, It's more of a useless front spoiler than a belly pan. It's strictly for aesthetics. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

@Beemer:  For oil changes...yeah it's a little annoying; especially because I use a slightly bigger car oil filter (PL14610), and they BARELY fit.  I don't have any quality issues with it though, it's lasted 10k miles and it looks fine. 

• Like 1

Mine lasted that long and looked fine too. The quality issue I'm talking about is the way it mounts, it's flimsy since it's mounted on stand-offs at just a few points enabling the wind to move it and loosen it. Nothing you could feel or notice while riding. I lost some hardware because of it but you couldn't tell it until you got down on your knees for a close inspection. It stayed in place while riding with missing hardware but I didn't want to chance it and just took it off instead. I don't doubt that yours looks fine, mine did too, I just wanted people to be aware that you may or may not have trouble with this product.

• Like 1

Beemer