The MT-07 Forum

tank grips

7fold

I'm looking for a set of tank grips - preferably clear - and was wondering if anyone had experience with the stompgrip icon's. I have a white/red '18 MT and I kinda don't want to put black grips on my white tank, but I'm wondering if anyone's had experience with clear stompgrips on a white bike. I don't want them to turn a nasty yellow color or get stuck on so well they end up messing up the paint that's underneath.

I did come across the Eazigrips, too, but their site says specifically not to use the clears on white bikes because of the adhesive.

The third option is to cut a set myself from sheets from HT Moto (they look like they're focused on the stunt scene, but sell universal sheets of a few different colors). 

I don't need anything, too crazy, just enough extra grip to keep me from sliding forward into the tank when braking. 

Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, 7fold said:

I'm looking for a set of tank grips - preferably clear - and was wondering if anyone had experience with the stompgrip icon's. I have a white/red '18 MT and I kinda don't want to put black grips on my white tank, but I'm wondering if anyone's had experience with clear stompgrips on a white bike. I don't want them to turn a nasty yellow color or get stuck on so well they end up messing up the paint that's underneath.

I did come across the Eazigrips, too, but their site says specifically not to use the clears on white bikes because of the adhesive.

The third option is to cut a set myself from sheets from HT Moto (they look like they're focused on the stunt scene, but sell universal sheets of a few different colors). 

I don't need anything, too crazy, just enough extra grip to keep me from sliding forward into the tank when braking. 

Thanks in advance!

I use the clear Stomp Grip in my bikes. Several with white tanks. The only real knock to the clear is you have to be damn careful not to touch the adhesive side once you peel the backing paper off lest your oily finger print be forever visable and protectively sealed between clear plastic and your painted tank. They won't take the paint off but they are kinda tough to get off because they stick, especially if you rub all the air out to get 100% adhesion.

• Premium Member

Does some company make white grips?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

15 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Does some company make white grips?

The only white ones I've seen were from HT moto, but they look like a foam grip. I'm not sure how long they would actually stay white lol. They do make them in other color variants (red/black, red/white) and I'm going to try and get a few samples to see what they actually look like. I've only ever seen them on stunt bikes though, so I have no idea how they'd hold up day to day or if they get washed or anything like that (being foam and all).

• Thanks 1