The MT-07 Forum

gs200a brake light modulator

Gofast Innovations

Gofast Innovations

How do I go about wiring in the gs200a brake modulator. I'm sure some of us have installed this.

51KIgb9vSJL._AC_SX466_.jpg

• Global Moderator

I bought the Vizi-tec modulator.  It comes with the correct Yamaha plugs and just attaches inline to the brake wiring (very quick and easy).  The one you have pictured will need to be soldered in to the brake wiring behind the plastics under the seat, or you could order the plugs and attach them to the modulator wires and then just plug it in. 

Here is a link to what I bought for anyone who is interested  

sb3-6_2000px.jpg

Not just another passive blink blink device... fully customizable algorithm with a 10 year warranty. Make the smart choice. We do have the vast majority of models documented. If we don't have a...

Gofast Innovations
5 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I bought the Vizi-tec modulator.  It comes with the correct Yamaha plugs and just attaches inline to the brake wiring (very quick and easy).  The one you have pictured will need to be soldered in to the brake wiring behind the plastics under the seat, or you could order the plugs and attach them to the modulator wires and then just plug it in. 

Here is a link to what I bought for anyone who is interested  

sb3-6_2000px.jpg

Not just another passive blink blink device... fully customizable algorithm with a 10 year warranty. Make the smart choice. We do have the vast majority of models documented. If we don't have a...

If I had to buy a modulator again I would be more choosy and get that unit. But I have the gs 200a sitting in front of me and want to at least try to wire it in if I knew what wire went to what wire.

Thanks for your reply.

• Global Moderator

The brake light connector is #78 on this diagram.  I was hoping there would be a black wire and a red one, but that would be too easy.  I think the main complication is the light is both a bake light and running light.  I am not sure if the diagram helps you, it just confuses me, but electronics often have that effect on me :) .

2CD37728-F44B-46C7-8D83-32A154E52EA6.png

• Like 1

I have a TST brake modulator I could sell for $30 if you live in the US. 4 months old and is plug and play. I removed it because I bought a integrated tail light and it flashes the brake without the modulator.  

Gofast Innovations

I'm surprised no one has installed this. I'm just looking for some installation instructions. Can anybody help?

• Premium Member

Zero instructions from the manufacturer? FWIW I installed this 3 wire module with zero wiring experience, I just did it "trial and error" following the basic bike wiring diagram using "posi-tap connectors from motorcycle innovations. It was annoying AF but I eventually figured it out. For a layman like myself Posi-tap are nice because they wont mangle your wiring harness. Just tape over the little hole if you made an error. ;)

Although yours looks like you'll have to cut and run/install it inline. ?? Sorry wish I could help on this one.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Gofast Innovations

Ok, I tried to install the brake modulator that I posted above. I found the yellow wire is for the brake light. I spliced it into the red wires on the modulator but don't know where the remaining 2 black wires go.

Any ideas?