The MT-07 Forum

Another turn signal question

JAYoh

Ok so I'm gonna follow Mr.Puss's advice and order some Rizoma action turn signals for my rears. My fronts are still stock incandescents. Will this work at all or just blink fast? Will I need a resistor or anything?

Edited by JAYoh

bartman5impson

You will need a flasher relay if you switch from bulbs to LED signals. I used this one from TST Industries because you can adjust the blink rate but more importantly it is a simple replacement of the OEM relay so you don't have to mess with splicing on resistors or anything like that.

Fix your bike's hyperflash or no flash problem with an easy to install, direct replacement, plug-and-play Gen2 LED...

So if I change the relay do both the front and back signals need to be led or can the fronts stay stock for now?

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, JAYoh said:

So if I change the relay do both the front and back signals need to be led or can the fronts stay stock for now?

You can mix both LED and incandescent with an electronic relay.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I second getting the adjustable one from TST. I bought the cheaper one from amazon that is not adjustable. I tried to use it with sequential turn signals and the pattern doesn’t finish before it resets. Adjustability is useful.